Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Genos2 / Re: genos 2 arrived yesterday
« Last post by tyrosrick on Today at 10:35:14 PM »
Elaine, blood on the keys cleans up nicely with Windex. So, take a break today and give it a rest......IF you can!  :D
Well folks - File Size is now a wrap for me.

As you may have read, because of my search issue, I decided to learn a little more about the SX and Genos file management behavior.  I articulated the Style function testing and after all this time I have done more testing playing around with the other file types. I now have the following information that I want to share with you. 

Conclusion

1. File Size for Styles, Voices, Pads, Playlist and Registration is a max of 2500 entries per folder equating to
    250 pages with 10 entries per page  displayed on the keyboard.

2  Exceed this and you get:  Message: " Too Many Files Exist In One Folder To Execute This Operations" and
   nothing gets listed.

3. This should not cause any keyboard search issues as described in my previous post as the message is only
   informational.

4. I created a folder with 2500 registrations, sampled over 350 random registrations to ensure that they all
    work fine and they sure did.  BTW, this forum has lots of beautify registrations.

5. Created a Playlist and it displayed all 2500 entries numbered on left side of the display with 1/250 - 250/250
    pages on the right.

6. Tried to rename in any folder and all worked and played fine.

7. Thought to try renaming to "._*" and Message:  "A period (".") or a space (" ") is not allowed at the top of
    the file name"

8. Note:  it did rename with a "_" and "-" at the top of the file name and all searched and played with no issues.

I do not have 2500 Audio(MP3 WAV) files nor do I have 2500 MIDI files to test, but let's assume that Yamaha will limit them to 2500 entries as well.

Wrapping this up all I have left to say is that I have confirmed, tested the file limits and search capabilities of the SX700 and any instrument, with the same operating system like the SX900 & Genos should show the same results.

I do stress that I follow my own file management practices which can be viewed as good or bad, but at least I have now confirmed boundaries and limitations with even a few error messages and their understanding.

Keep in mind that the "Rules of Thumb" and "Recommendations" made in this forum are GOLDEN. So unless you really know what you are doing, in particular with USBs, HUBs, file management and structure, I really suggest that you do not do what some like me are doing. We all like to horde and enough is never enough when it comes to file types, but there to is good management logic that can be applied and keep us out of unforeseen issues.

Best Regards.

dom

« Last post by DrakeM on Today at 07:39:10 PM »
Congratulations  Elaine, just remember to Eat and Sleep!!!! ;D
Thanks again to my colleagues for their help!
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Multi Pad recording volume low in PSR-SX900
« Last post by andyg on Today at 05:12:14 PM »
When I record a pad, I make sure that the Multipad Volume is set to 127 and that Right 1's volume is also set to 127. I'll set my FC7 volume pedal to max.

Next, I make sure that I'm playing the keys firmly enough. My keyboard touch is set to Soft 2. Set to Normal and it can make recording pads awkward sometimes.

Then I'll go into Step Edit. I'll make sure that the entry for Volume (CC7) is set high - at least 100. If there isn't an entry for Expression (CC11) I'll inset one and set that to at least 100.

I'll check that the key on velocity values are pretty even (as required in the pad) and adjust anything that's way too loud or too soft.

Only then do I save the Pad.
You will need to use Murray Best’s registration manager program to see all the relevant info. 

Bill
And one more question? Is there a way or method to read which midi or audio file is assigned to a given registration - link. The names of files related to registrations are different because the names are not always similar
Thank you for your advice. I already know that I will have to associate the registrations with the files again. Great Group - thank you again - Anatol
Hi Anatol

The user memory has a hidden file structure which does not exist on a USB stick. As Eileen says you will need to relink the files associated with your registrations.

Bill
« Last post by maartenb on Today at 04:03:12 PM »
Enjoy Elaine!

I'm looking forward to you sharing your experiences (good and bad ;)) on this forum!

Maarten
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk