Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Expansion Packs not loading
« Last post by overover on Today at 01:24:35 PM »
Hi all. For some unknown reason I cannot load ppi files into the expansion section, or any other expansion packs. An expansion pack when loading should remove any pack presently installed, unless someone changed things? I have done a system reset, but this has not cured the problem. Can anyone give any suggestions please?
Regards
meyrick

Hi meyrick,

Please note that .PPI Pack Install files are model-specific. This means you can only load .PPI files on the SX900 that were originally created for the SX900.

Can you load .PPI or .CPI Pack Install files that you created yourself in the YEM (and saved on the USB stick)?

Best regards,
Chris
Genos2 / Re: Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2
« Last post by lut112 on Today at 12:55:11 PM »
My entire repertoire is 8.64 Gb and user memory is 15 Gb.
« Last post by EileenL on Today at 12:52:34 PM »
Remember that with Genos2 we now only have around 15Gb of user memory. This is soon taken up if you store a lot of Audio recordings. I always save these to my 64Gb USB under my Genos2 compartment which acts as my second hard drive.
« Last post by lut112 on Today at 12:41:44 PM »
It's good that I had a backup from March 2024. Since 2017, I always had the repertoire on the user disk and I transferred everything from Genos 1 to user Genos 2. I bought Genos 2 in November 2023. First failure  march 2024- complete deletion - erasure of midi and audio files and folders from user memory. The same failure happened for the second time, now in May. Now I want to run the whole thing from a pendrive and not from the user memory. I have a lot of work ahead of me in associating files with registrations. Time will tell if this will work well
Genos YEM & Expansion Packs / Re: John Beesley Packs
« Last post by georges on Today at 11:36:27 AM »
Good morning.
in fact it is this volume. Thank you for your response, this time I am going to buy this pack.
I chose this pack, because I play in church a few times, so I am looking for liturgical compositions
sincerely Georges City of Perpignan France
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Expansion Packs not loading
« Last post by Lacko on Today at 11:25:27 AM »
Hi meyrick,

can you provide us with some more details, like what keyboard are you using, what are you doing exactly and what happens then (any messages on screen)?

Lacko
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Expansion Packs not loading
« Last post by meyrick on Today at 11:04:42 AM »
Hi all. For some unknown reason I cannot load ppi files into the expansion section, or any other expansion packs. An expansion pack when loading should remove any pack presently installed, unless someone changed things? I have done a system reset, but this has not cured the problem. Can anyone give any suggestions please?
Regards
meyrick
Genos2 / Re: genos 2 arrived yesterday
« Last post by motekmusic on Today at 06:35:52 AM »
Hello dear forum members,

So much appreciated all your support and positive comments about the new machine which have not had a whole lot of time
to play since but will give you a few opinions was able to garner.
1st,   the keybed is wonderful,, very nice from the genos 1
2nd.  the pianos are wow,, and that is where have spent most of my time.  Please keep in mind that already have the dgx670
          and the sx900 so have lots of piano options.
3.      the sliders were not a pain in the neck as had read from many reviews.. did not have problems.
4.      Like the tilt which makes sliders and editing easier.   Many of the styles are very busy and i like to quickly take out or just
          leave a bass, guitar or  piano  and then add another channel when needed.   Did this on the genos 1 as well.   The dgx
          a button for   Simple,, where the style automatically ditches all the bells and whistles.
5.       have to get use to new style panel where there are 2 buttons for chord looper and my fingers accidentally hit that
           function cuz at the end and that is where the stop, or syn. buttons are..  Have to retrain.

That is it for now until have more time...
Again thank all of you and am getting lots of other help from all the contributors, posters on help topics.   Taking a while to
go through all of that and many youtube tutorials as well.     Grateful for all your help ,,, fantastic

all the best
cheers
elaine
Fred, Thank you.

I searched for answers for my SX700 and there was nothing really nicely laid out saying exactly what it is for every file type on my keyboard what are the messages associated with file management and exactly how will the keyboard(s) react if we exceed or even over populate our storage areas/internal or USBs. Yes there are lots of posts on file sizes and a lot of information on limiting them as well.  But nothing with anything that I saw that actually tested, validated those numbers and articulated behavior. Even Yamaha Canada could not give me a comfort level about 1.5 years ago when I asked them.

I just decided for my sake to find out exactly what the limits are, see how my keyboard would react with both high and low limits and also confirmed that fear I had to exceed 255 registrations in a folder.

So did my testing, tried to break my search function(I could not this time), generated messages I had never seen before, got a better understanding of those message and how to react to them and now got rid of that registration limit fear. This has opened a big door for me with and given me a very good comfort level of file management behavior on my specific keyboard along with those that have emailed asking about what I have already shared here and giving them a whole new view eliminating their similar fears.

However to your point of "limiting the number of files in a folder", I think it's time to ask why? At least to satisfy my curiosity since the only thing that I have limited for a few years was the registrations as per the forum recommendations, and never had an issue with anything else until not to long ago when my search function went south and I was actually able to fix and break any time I wanted at will, until I remove those "._E*" Tyros files which until not to long ago I had no reason to tap into them. Once I removed them I am no longer able to break my search functions regardless of how many folders and files I have on my USBs and even when I load up all 4 USBs. Not to say that initially did not encounter my own self inflicted issues until I learned how this keyboard addressed them. Now I actually keep them powered up all the time as I use them as clones when I change and add new things to my folders and do not need to do things on computer like before.  I hope that I am not sounding like a "keyboard rebel"?  It's just that I have paid good money for this thing and I expect it to behave in the manner in which it is programmed. If things should not be done then the software should now allow them to be done. IE: can not put a USB that is not in FATS32 format. This is great, so one knows that boundary and the keyboard enforces it.

Had a discussion with Yamaha recently on this as well and they have not indicated to me that I should not be doing this.  If the software allows it, then it should work.

So please understand that I am not trying to go against the grain and best practices of the forum as people are their own judges and you folks seem to know even more than Yamaha. I have great respect, but since I am a touchy feely person, one has to explain logically WHY?  So again can you or anyone please tell me what are the consequences of populating USBs and folders like I am doing if one has a good understanding of file management and how the keyboard behaves.

With all due respect!       Thanks in advance.        dom

Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: Re Style choice to Song choice
« Last post by Mike Brotherton on Yesterday at 11:09:32 PM »
I like your reply particularly your notation for categories with an explanation.  I missed out on the Country and Western.  Not intentional, your Gigs are obviously Country and Western based with an audience that has specifically come to hear you play that style of  lmusic.  I am an only an amateur and probably only play at 4 events throughout a year.  Your grading of your songs with a style is the knowledge I am seeking.  I will search and play these   Am  familiar with Folsom Prison, Gentle on my mind, On the Road again.  With your category 2  I recognise only the Wonder of you.  Love the slow belly rubbing songs description and recognise all of them which I do play.  Category 4 only Achy Breaky Heart is played  My general list is
Exerts from Hello Dolly (Show. Stopper)
Honeysuckle Rose (Gypsy Jazz)
Just Remember This (Lounge Piano)
Stranger On The Shore ( Acker Bilk)
What's :) New Peggy Lee
Repeat What’s New Herb Alpert
Irvin Berlin Melodies
(Tap Dance Fred Astaire)
A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk