Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: Re Style choice to Song choice
« Last post by Mike Brotherton on Today at 11:09:32 PM »
I like your reply particularly your notation for categories with an explanation.  I missed out on the Country and Western.  Not intentional, your Gigs are obviously Country and Western based with an audience that has specifically come to hear you play that style of  lmusic.  I am an only an amateur and probably only play at 4 events throughout a year.  Your grading of your songs with a style is the knowledge I am seeking.  I will search and play these   Am  familiar with Folsom Prison, Gentle on my mind, On the Road again.  With your category 2  I recognise only the Wonder of you.  Love the slow belly rubbing songs description and recognise all of them which I do play.  Category 4 only Achy Breaky Heart is played  My general list is
Exerts from Hello Dolly (Show. Stopper)
Honeysuckle Rose (Gypsy Jazz)
Just Remember This (Lounge Piano)
Stranger On The Shore ( Acker Bilk)
What's :) New Peggy Lee
Repeat What’s New Herb Alpert
Irvin Berlin Melodies
(Tap Dance Fred Astaire)
A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square 
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Packs for T5
« Last post by adrianed on Today at 11:01:48 PM »
Eileen,
I have thinking about getting another keyboard, I did ok buying my old T2 second hand but thinking I could pay out thousands for a keyboard that has already been used for a few years could be risky,
I am more likely to buy a new one
It might not make sense spending much on my T5 at the present as it is quite a few years old now and $ 500 does seem too much but it was worth finding out so I thank everyone for the suggestions
We seem to be on a treadmill these days with musical instruments, the older folks seemed to have the same instrument most of their lives without them breaking down
Now we think 5 years is old
Adrian
« Last post by adrianed on Today at 10:43:14 PM »
Thanks for that extra information Ton,
It doesn’t appear to have it
Adrian
« Last post by DrakeM on Today at 08:46:34 PM »
Well, this is the way I have been doing all my gigs for 50+ years and no one has ever complained yet.

First a one hour gig is 16 songs.
Take a 15 minute break and the second set is 45 minutes and 12 songs.

Every song I create a custom style for I put in one of the 4 categories. I rotate from style type 1, 2, 3 and then 4 and repeat the pattern. So for a one hour gig I will be playing (4) #1 type songs, (4) #2 type songs, (4) #3 type songs, (4) #4 type songs.

The 4 different song categories I rotate through are:

1.)   2-4 Country Hoedown Beat, such as Folsom Prison, Workin’ Man Blues, Wagon Wheel, The Closer You Get, Gentle On My Mind, On the Road Again, Sold

2.)    A song the doesn’t fit in the other 3 categories, such as Neon Moon, The Wonder of You, Good Direction, People Are Crazy, Why Don’t We Just Dance, 15 Minutes.

3.)   A slow belly rubbin’ song, such as Funny How Time Slips Away, My Eyes, Help Me Make It Through the Night, I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry, Feels So Right

4.)   High energy/ Rockabilly such as Drivin’ My Live Away, Dance the Night Away, This Ole Boy, What Was I Thinkin’, Down on the Farm, Achy Breaky Heart.

You don’t want to put people to Sleep with a bunch of Slow songs.  ;)

Regards
Drake

« Last post by J. Larry on Today at 07:17:53 PM »
I guess there’s no right or wrong way to develop a play list, unless it’s a specific kind of party----Christmas, Valentine’s, Mardi Gras, etc…  First, I encourage requests at retirement homes, where I play.  It’s amazing what you get.  If I don’t know it, I’ll learn it for the next time there.  Otherwise, a single program consists of about 20 songs.  I approach it via broad categories----songs by decades, major hits, a little country, pop/rock, jazz/big band, gospel/inspirational, and patriotic.  Now, to learn recent requests---If I’d Known You Were Coming I’d A Baked A Cake, How Much Is That Doggie In The Window, and Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It’s Flavor On The Bed Post Over Night.  Yes, that’s correct.  Real song requests. 
Genos YEM & Expansion Packs / Re: John Beesley Packs
« Last post by bpsafran on Today at 06:49:04 PM »
It seems you are interested in this pack: https://www.keytabarrangements.com/

These registrations are for the songs that are in the songbooks in the pack.  They will work with any song, but the particular registration changes are for different parts of the songs in the pack.  Of course, if a style is used, you will have to change the style in the registrations.
PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1) / Re: firmware psr 3000 HELP
« Last post by ektor_s900 on Today at 06:18:04 PM »
Hello friends, I have a question, the version of the PSR-3000 (E) that I have is 1.54, the question I have is, which version should I install 1.60 or 1.80.
I remain attentive and thank you!!
« Last post by EileenL on Today at 05:39:10 PM »
No the keyboard will not have expansion fitted. We have all had to buy this separately.
 Have you considered a second hand Genos1 as that has three Gb memory fitted. Also 58Gb user section.
hello Andyfr,
Yes, in general, if you do a reset, you will lose everything what was additionally installed. Of course you can first save styles and registrations on USB stick, but you can not save installed voices. And because of that, styles and registrations will probably be useless.
But then, you can't keep additionally installed stuff on keyboard forever. Because sooner or later, you will wish to install some pack that you would like to have on keyboard.. and when you do that, everything that was previously installed, will be automatically deleted anyway.

Bogdan
Introduction and Guidelines / Re: Supporting Members
« Last post by rgw on Today at 05:26:05 PM »
Hi Joe,
I have only just discovered your latest Styles No.18 which I've ordered today.
Thank you for all the hard work you do for this Forum.

Best wishes,
Richard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk