Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / AKX10 Review
« Last post by mhack on Today at 01:47:53 AM »
The styles are not anything to write home about. However, I find that the weight of it is great for taking it to the River! 22 pounds! I am having some fun, but I will not be recording my songs with it. SX900 for that. No big investment here. You get what you pay for.
Hack

Edit: New topic "AKX10 Review" merged with the existing topic "AKX10" by overover
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: SX700 styles used in SX600
« Last post by overover on Today at 12:53:17 AM »
I downloaded the styles SX700 folder on my thumb drive and when I open it, it shows folders like Ballroom Dance and so on.  But when I plug it into my SX600 I don't know how to load it into the SX600 I've looked at the manual but I can't seem to find how to use it right. I'm sorry but I'm new to this and it's just hard for me to do .

Hi Tunefultom,

I already wrote this (how to load a Style from the USB stick) in my first post above:  ;)

Unzip the downloaded zip file "sty SX700 Preset Styles (400).zip" on your computer and copy the unzipped folder "sty SX700 Preset Styles (400)" to a USB stick. It is important that the stick is formatted in FAT32 format.

Then connect the USB stick to the SX600 and open the Style Selection display by pressing any STYLE category selection button (e.g. "Pop & Rock" or "Expansion/User" button). Then use the TAB buttons to select the "USB1" tab to view the contents of the USB stick.

Then navigate to the desired Style category folder on the USB stick (e.g. "Ballroom") and select the folder to open it. Now you can see the styles it contains. Select a style to load and play it.

Best regards,
Chris
Genos2 / Re: PA5X factory styles on Genos 2?
« Last post by mamero on Today at 12:41:11 AM »
I have the Pa5x but I don’t now how to copy all the styles and convert correctly to the Genos 2

I was reading the Korg forums and its seems even Korg users are having difficulties transferring styles between PA4x and 5x, let alone 5x and Genos 2. So to revise my original question a little, is it possible to load PA4x styles on the Genos 2? If so, where can PA4X factory styles be found?
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: SX700 styles used in SX600
« Last post by Tunefultom on Yesterday at 11:07:51 PM »
I downloaded the styles SX700 folder on my thumb drive and when I open it, it shows folders like Ballroom Dance and so on.  But when I plug it into my SX600 I don't know how to load it into the SX600 I've looked at the manual but I can't seem to find how to use it right. I'm sorry but I'm new to this and it's just hard for me to do .
Genos2 / Re: Genos2 HDMI Question
« Last post by overover on Yesterday at 09:13:02 PM »
Hi Sunny,

The Genos2's HDMI interface is only for Display out, i.e. here is no "Audio out over HDMI" functionality.

Best regards,
Chris
It seems to me that you might be able to just record the audio into your the DAW multiple times, reducing the volume of all but one voice/part to zero each time.
Not to mention the insane amount of audio synchronization /alignment of tracks you'll need to do, especially if you don't include an identical count in for each track...

Genos2 / Genos2 HDMI Question
« Last post by sunny on Yesterday at 07:10:06 PM »
Hi friends,

Since SPDIF digital output  is missing in Genos2. Can we use Genos2 HDMI output only for audio purpose for live use ? Can we use HDMI output as a substitute to Audio main outputs of Genos2 ?

Thanks,
Sunny7
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Chord name that I could not figure out
« Last post by BogdanH on Yesterday at 06:06:58 PM »
hi shaky,
You're right: we always see chords that we're actually playing. That is, transpose doesn't translate chord into another chord -it only transposes pitch.

Bogdan
Genos2 / Re: Loud keys
« Last post by BogdanH on Yesterday at 05:57:53 PM »
Vlada, thank you for additional info.

Not good to hear.. questionable keyed, unexpected finish... in such case one cannot just say "it can happen". Genos is a premium Yamaha arranger and I definitely wouldn't expect that. A while back I have tried Genos1 in a store and I was genuinely impressed -must be said.
I hope you will solve the problem.

Bogdan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk