Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: What Does the .- before a style mean
« Last post by Peter_B on Today at 12:23:17 PM »
You don't need a Windows PC to get the "problem" under control.
I've always used a small tool on my Mac that automatically does the work for you if you want.
If you want, it automatically removes the unnecessary characters that come from the Mac. Look here. I love this tool:

https://macpaw.com/de/support/cleanmydrive
PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1) / Re: firmware psr 3000 HELP
« Last post by overover on Today at 10:47:24 AM »
My pleasure, Mark! Thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Best regards,
Chris
Although I have nothing against Korg, I find its operating system cumbersome.

There is a big differense regarding the OS at PA5X compared to the older models. It's much more easy and up to date.
When switched from PA4 (that I had for a few months) to PA5, it opened a different world. In fact, if you manage to get around with Yamaha, it should not be much problem to get around with Korg PA5.
But, when start explore and use the really deep stuff, I guess it's nessesary to use time and patiense to master the posabilities regardless of brand....  8)
Thanks for the updates, and interesting to see that your final decision to return the Korg seems to be mostly a time pressure criteria because you gig.

I get that, and respect it. I'm still working my way through my own Pa5X and love it.
I don't even try to combine Yamaha related styles and registrations with it. I treat it as a completely different keyboard.
I like the fact you've passed your well used SX900 to a family member. Credit to you for that. It's good to spread the love where music is concerned.

Having had my Korg for almost 9 months now, I'm really enjoying it. As a home player, and being retired, I've all the time in the world to learn 'new stuff' albeit at a slower pace.

I wish you a successful gigging season.

Keith.
As an example, A drum map lets you reroute midi signals from one company’s drum triggers, to another companies drum map. so in this case, I want to reroute the Roland drum triggers, to the equivalent sounds on the Genos.

It’s honestly not a big deal at all. The biggest issue is the high hats. It’s a bit complex because of the way the Roland sends the open and closed signals and I was hoping someone else figured it out already!

PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1) / Re: firmware psr 3000 HELP
« Last post by Masonic Organist on Today at 05:20:01 AM »
Hi Chris,
I followed your link and advice and now have exactly what I asked for.
Many thanks for your kind assistance. Mark

Trying to play Roland TD-12 electric drums but trigger Yamaha Genos 2 drums (using Cubase as a host for both the E-Drums and Genos).

I can easily make a dedicated drum map, but I know it's going to be complex on the Hi Hats. Has anyone done it yet?

It is posible to convert a drum track using a drum map from Cubase? I didn’t know about that :O
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Have a few gigs under my belt with the SX900
« Last post by CPAC on Today at 03:11:59 AM »
Thank you Drake and Jeff for those answers.  Very helpful.
Chris
Hello Jeff, I congratulate you on your decision.

Although I have nothing against Korg, I find its operating system cumbersome.

In my life I have had three arrangers and two Korg synthesizers, of which I prefer the synthesizers.
Arrangers:
Pa600, Pa300, EK-50 CSA
Synthesizers:
01W/fd,and Kross.

As for arrangers, I prefer Yamaha, for its voices and practical operating system.

greetings

Hans
Thanks for the update Jeff. I was considering the PA5X possibly as an addition to the SX900 because I thought the styles sound more modern than Yamaha. I don’t gig, just home use. Also I like the 5X’s piano selection and the Keyboard Sets feature for less awkward storing of combo voices and the Songbook feature as well. But SX is great too and the PA5X is just a big unknown with mixed reviews for a keyboard costing over $4,500. Maybe a G2 at some point instead.

Rich
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk