Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re Style choice to Song choice
« Last post by Mike Brotherton on Today at 04:26:38 PM »
A subject I always return to and read through the posts looking if there are any new comments to a subject of interest to me.  I have previously posted that I do not generally perform in public but occasionally play for friends or family and my concern is what gig list do I compile?  Or, my process of selection.  I have through my 6 Busker Books, Easy play books and sheet music downloaded off the internet at least a 1.000 to choose from.  The sheet music purchases are I have heard a song, thought, I like that, down loaded it.  The Busker Books is random.  I select a different book each day, open it at any page, start playing, if I like it give it a tick for more practice especially if my wife say that’s nice play it again.  As I said previously, I have a lot of music with some ticks on them.
That’s a lot of sorting.  To assist I have set up a spread sheet contains all my music with headings, song name book sheet ref, genre, but the essential heading, what I consider is its position in the gig list. How should I make my selection?   I attend a monthly keyboard club performance with top keyboard performers playing so get plenty ideas.  Most do sessions of  9 songs (9 x 3mins) then a break.  No 1 is always a resounding opener usually from a show or march. No 9 a song that impresses the audience of their skill.  No 2 a song that calms one down from the opener. No 3 a song that demonstrates what their instrument can do. No 4 a foot tapper or a sing along. No 5 a Latin No. No 6 a 60’s song.  No 7 a request. Finally No 8, a selection from the shows.
The Question is How would you or how do you select your 9 or is it 10 or 8?
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Full factory reset - Will I lose these packs?
« Last post by Andyfr on Today at 04:24:51 PM »
Hi

I recently bought a used SX700, the original owner bought it from a company who added loads of software and packs for an additional cost. I would like to do a factory reset so that I can get it back to how it would be out of the box but if I do will I lose the packs and software?
Genos - General / Re: Genos 2 to Genos 1 Complete styles
« Last post by franksboard on Today at 03:34:22 PM »
Hi any one have all the converted styles from Genos 2  to Genos 1  i'm looking forward in using them.
The limit of files/folder is documented.

It was 250 fir Tyros 1, 500 for T2-5, and 2500 for Genos. You will find hundreds of posts in this forum recommending people limit the number of files in their folders.

Cheers,
Fred
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Chord name that I could not figure out
« Last post by BogdanH on Today at 02:59:16 PM »
That asterisk means, that this is unfinished chord and that additional note is needed to define the chord. For example, we see "G*" if we press G-A-B or G-G#-Bb notes (at the same time, of course). If we additionally press some other key, we will get actual chord.
In short: G* is not a chord -asterisk is telling us, that we can get a chord by using these three notes if we additionally press another key. By doing that we will usually get some weird chord  :)

The opposite is the case if we play i.e. G-G#-A notes. In this case we will see "Cancel" -which means, that we can not define a chord by using these three notes.
Btw. If style is running and we press chords that show "Cancel", then channels 11-16 (Bass-Phr2) will be muted until we press proper chord again.

At least that's how I understand all that.

Bogdan
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Chord name that I could not figure out
« Last post by shaky on Today at 02:20:31 PM »
Helllo all. What is G* chord ? I see on Sx700 screen.
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Packs for T5
« Last post by amateur on Today at 02:19:25 PM »
Adrian,

There is another way to check the presence of an Expansion Module (or other memory), without using a screwdriver.
I found this method in the Service Manual of the Tyros-5.
It goes like this:

1. TYROS OFF
2. Hold buttons F an J (near the screen) pressed down and switch the TYROS ON.
3. When the "Device Information Screen" appears, stop pressing the buttons.
4. When this screen shows " : Expansion module" a module is present.
5. Press key B (near the screen): "The Expansion Module Information-screen" appears.
6. From here you could get some more info, using the START/STOP-button and the BREAK-button, located in the STYLE
   CONTROL-row.
7. Follow the screen for more info and the end result "OK" or "NG" (not good).

Succes!

Ton   
Thanks lots. Have it sorted now. My memory is failing as I have done this a few times before. Now I know -- again. Thand for answering my post. Regards Denn
Hi Denn,
Yes, cqi is a quick install file. It can only be used as an upgrade/supplement of the installed material in the Expansion memory. This means, CPI/PPI must be installed first, and CQI/PQI only after that.
Watch this video, turn on English subtitles.
https://youtu.be/xj8Anf4B3sY?si=zGDxdOPZccmlrzyk
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Pack Instalation data .cqi won't load on my SX700
« Last post by Denn on Today at 07:26:10 AM »
Have made a pack in expansion manager for my SX700 but it is a .cqi file and won't load. I think this is a quick installation file and needs a different suffix.
Please help, 😭😢
Thanks in advance. regards, Denn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk