Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Earlier Models like PSR-9000/PSR-740 / Re: Old floppy discs Psr-9000
« Last post by KlausT on Today at 03:17:51 PM »
Hello, take a look to http://www.robbys-hp.de/RM_Frame.html
There you‘ll find your requested data/disks.
Good luck 🍀
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: SX700 styles used in SX600
« Last post by overover on Today at 02:43:53 PM »
Hello , I'm new here. I just got me a new SX600.  How do you get the SX700 styles, and how do you load them in your SX600 ?
I'm really a guitar player that likes to play around with Arranger Keyboards .

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Tunefultom!

You can download the SX700 Preset Styles via the Google Drive link that Keyboard Master provided above. (This zip file originally came from me. ;) )

Unzip the downloaded zip file "sty SX700 Preset Styles (400).zip" on your computer and copy the unzipped folder "sty SX700 Preset Styles (400)" to a USB stick. It is important that the stick is formatted in FAT32 format.

If you are using a USB stick that you have not previously used on the keyboard, it is best to format it directly on the keyboard: "[MENU] > Menu2 > Utility > USB > Format". Please note that this will delete all data from the stick!

Then connect the USB stick to the SX600 and open the Style Selection display by pressing any STYLE category selection button (e.g. "Pop & Rock" or "Expansion/User" button). Then use the TAB buttons to select the "USB1" tab to view the contents of the USB stick.

Then navigate to the desired Style category folder on the USB stick (e.g. "Ballroom") and select the folder to open it. Now you can see the styles it contains. Select a style to load and play it.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: Another Yamaha Forum Bites The Dust
« Last post by jdup on Today at 11:21:15 AM »
May the Lord be with you, every step of the way, Eileen. And thank you for all you have done for all of us.

Best Wishes.

Jim Duprey
Genos2 / Re: Headset Microphone
« Last post by jdup on Today at 11:15:22 AM »
I was also using an SM58 microphone with my Genos, but found that I was missing words when I turned my head slightly. So I switched to a headset SM35 XLR, and I have been very pleased. I keep the SM58 for guest singers.

Jim Duprey
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: SX700 styles used in SX600
« Last post by Tunefultom on Today at 10:45:25 AM »
Hello , I'm new here. I just got me a new SX600.  How do you get the SX700 styles, and how do you load them in your SX600 ?
I'm really a guitar player that likes to play around with Arranger Keyboards .
Genos2 / Re: Headset Microphone
« Last post by Chris79 on Today at 10:44:25 AM »
se 2300 is perfect for Genos !  friendly. Chris
Genos2 / Headset Microphone
« Last post by GrantB on Today at 10:14:12 AM »
Can anyone recommend a decent headset microphone to record vocals with in conjunction with my Genos 2.

I currently use a Shure MS58 which is good but a little awkward with the stand.

Cheers

Grant
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: Another Yamaha Forum Bites The Dust
« Last post by Duffy on Today at 08:26:14 AM »
Sorry to hear your terrible news Eileen and I wish you every success and speed in your battle to regain your health.
Very best wishes, Duffy
PSR-E Series / Re: Registrations for PSR-E433
« Last post by Mick47 on Today at 08:01:55 AM »
Thanks again. Everything I needed to know. I was wondering about the live control stuff but was seeing what I could achieve with the basics.
It seemed like a silly question but as your post shows it can get quite  complex. It makes me wonder what % of the capabilities of some keyboards are actually utilised by the purchaser's.
Ta very much.
PSR-E Series / Re: Registrations for PSR-E433
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 05:10:30 AM »
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

If you haven't read my post, above, that describes how to access the different parameters for main, dual, and split voices, read that first.

Some of the other parameters you'd want to store in the registration include the overall reverb type and overall chorus type.  The easiest way that I have found to get to these parameters is to first hold down the split voice button for a couple seconds, which of course brings up the split voice tone and then allows you to step through the split voice parameters with the Category plus button.  But after you go through the split voice parameters with the Category plus button, then next parameters you can access through the Category plus button are the overall reverb and chorus types.  And, once those parameters are on the screen, you can set them just like the parameters of the main, dual, and split voices, and those changes can be saved in a registration.

Going beyond the reverb and chorus types gets you to the Master EQ and Stereo Wide parameters.  I honestly don't remember if those get stored in a registration or not, but the setting of the ultra-wide stereo knob (when the knobs are set to the functions with that parameter) does not get stored.

Another important consideration is that the group setting for the knobs DOES get stored in a registration.  There are five groups (filter settings, reverb/chorus, envelope attack and release, style filter, and pan/ultra-wide stereo settings).  You probably know that you access these groups of functions by just repeatedly pressing the little white button by the knobs until the group you want is active, and you can tell which group is active by way of a set of numbered blocks displayed on  the screen.  So whichever group you select, that will be the one saved to a registration.  Depending on the group, it may not save the actual knob positions to a registration, but it will save the selection of what the knobs do.

This can be very useful.  Having the filter group be saved is often the most useful, because those knobs allow you to really alter the sound "on the fly" while playing a song.  For synthesizer type sounds, they work just like the low-pass filter settings on a synthesizer, and for organ sounds, they can go a long way toward simulating the drawbars of a Hammond-type organ by muffling and/or emphasizing certain frequencies of the sound.  Sometimes, when playing a song, I use the knobs (set to filter controls) to alter the sound during a song -- which can stretch out the capability of having only 32 registrations.  A little tip here is, let's say you playing a song and have a certain registration set up.  And now, let's say you want to alter the sound with the filter knobs for a section of the song.  Of course, you can adjust the filter knobs for that.  Now, after that, if you just want to go back to the original sound you had stored in the registration (before you started adjusting the filter controls), you can simply hit that registration button again, and it will bring up your original settings without having to adjust the knobs manually.

Sometimes, however, you may want one of the other groups of knob functions stored in a registration.  For example, with strings, you might want the envelope attack/release group saved.  This way, you can set a slow mellow attack, or a more abrupt sound, depending on the type of song you are playing.  And while the E433 does not have a panel "sustain" button, adjusting the release time gives you this function and allows you to determine how long notes will "ring on" after you let go of the keys, even without using a sustain pedal.  This does not apply to the split voice -- only the main and dual voices.

Finally, while the actual positions of the knobs may not get saved to registrations, some of the effects that they do actually do get stored.  For example, if you set up a sound using main and dual voices, then adjust the filter settings with the knobs to alter the sound, if you then save that sound in a registration, it will be saved with the filter settings that were generated internally based on your knob settings.  You can test this by setting up a sound (any sound), and then check the filter settings (often cutoff and resonance default at 64).  Now, adjust the filter knobs to alter the sound, and then save that new sound in a registration.  If you then call up this new registration and check the filter settings, you will likely find that they are no longer at their defaults and have been changed.  Curiously, however, these changes do not appear in the parameters until after you save the sound as a registration and then call it up again, even though you hear the changes right away.  Also, please note that the filter settings for the knobs affect the main and dual voices simultaneously, and do not affect the split voice at all.  If you want to change the filter settings of just the main or dual voice separately, you have to do it from the parameter list, as I described in my previous post.

Also remember that not all of the adjustments of all of the knob functions get saved in a registration.  For example, I know that the ultra-wide stereo setting will not get saved -- you can just adjust it the way you want, and then it will just stay how you set it as you change through different registrations.

I know this is a ton of information.  I just wanted to give you some more details on how this all works.  And like I said, depending on the kind of music you play, you can use my registrations as a starting point and see what you can do from there.  Go ahead and experiment with the filter, envelope, reverb, and chorus settings and see how much control you have over the sound to customize it the way you want.  And if you like what you did, save it in a registration!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk