Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Playlist or other trick to make smooth transitions

(1/4) > >>

SingerSongwriter:
I have read the manual but haven't seen anything too special about playlists beyond the obvious.

What is the fastest/smoothest way to go from song to song with almost no break, or perhaps to have a filler going between songs to fill dead air? I came up with one idea, which is to have a song loaded and use the song A -  B slider to transition in and out of it. Or just noodle on the piano while I switch to the next song, or open the playlist and load the new one before I finish the current song, then press the first registration button and go. Any other ideas?

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: SingerSongwriter on March 17, 2021, 06:40:56 AM ---I have read the manual but haven't seen anything too special about playlists beyond the obvious.

What is the fastest/smoothest way to go from song to song with almost no break, or perhaps to have a filler going between songs to fill dead air? I came up with one idea, which is to have a song loaded and use the song A -  B slider to transition in and out of it. Or just noodle on the piano while I switch to the next song, or open the playlist and load the new one before I finish the current song, then press the first registration button and go. Any other ideas?

--- End quote ---

I do it the old-fashioned way.

I create a gig folder of registrations.  As all my registrations use the sequencer, moving from one song to the next is simply pressing the pedal. You can’t get any faster than that.

Cheers,
Fred

SingerSongwriter:
Thanks for replying! What does a "gig folder" mean -- you mean on the Genos?

SingerSongwriter:
OK, am reading up on folders now...

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: SingerSongwriter on March 17, 2021, 08:53:21 PM ---Thanks for replying! What does a "gig folder" mean -- you mean on the Genos?

--- End quote ---

I create a folder (date/location), and copy in the registrations I'm going to use for the gig. I then rename the registrations, inserting a sequence number, so they appear in the order I want.

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version