Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Playlist or other trick to make smooth transitions

<< < (2/4) > >>

Toril S:
If you look in the style section of the PSR Tutorial you will find style collections called gig disks. When the keyboards used floppy disks, people had to carry with them several of these "gig disks" for a long evening of performance, as each disk only took about 30 styles. Times have changed! :)

SingerSongwriter:
Yes, and I found Fred's helpful video on the Tyros. I still haven't connected my Genos to the computer but I think managing the registrations will be much easier that way. Another question, if I put a registration in a new folder, that doesn't mean I have 2 copies of the registration, does it? Because that could get confusing if I make a change to one & not the other.

EileenL:
If you have existing registrations on your Genos then just create your fold and then copy and save these registrations into the folder in the order you want them in. If using third party styles then make sure they are never moved or save them in the same folder. Playlist works the same really.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: SingerSongwriter on March 18, 2021, 02:06:21 AM ---Yes, and I found Fred's helpful video on the Tyros. I still haven't connected my Genos to the computer but I think managing the registrations will be much easier that way. Another question, if I put a registration in a new folder, that doesn't mean I have 2 copies of the registration, does it? Because that could get confusing if I make a change to one & not the other.

--- End quote ---

Having a gig folder does mean you have two (or more) copies of registrations. When it comes to modifying registrations, this can be good and bad. For example, you can create a text files specifically for the gig without affecting the master registration.

But if you want to make a permanent change, you have to do it to the master registration. The way I do it is, after the gig, I copy over any registrations that have a more recent time stamp. If you have a keyboard that doesn't time stamp your files, you need to ensure you are modifying only the master registration.

Cheers,
Fred

stephenm52:
I use the "Playlist" feature which is no more than a pointer to where the registration is stored.    It's very simple to create many Playlists. By using Playlist I don't have to rename or modify registrations.  I have about 10 that I use including the ones for holiday shows.   While I'm playing one song and nearing the end of it I simply scroll down to the next tune(registration) in Playlist, then highlight it then hit Reg button #1.  It provides a seamless transition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version