Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Using photos of sheet music in Songbook +

(1/3) > >>

StuartR:
I just recently discovered Songbook +. I guess I must have been living under a rock until now.😲

It took me all of 30 minutes to load all my existing Chordpro files into Songbook and convert them to pdf's. Linking them to the Genos with the Yamaha Bluetooth adapter and Pageflip pedal took only another 15 minutes. This software was well worth the asking price, just as everyone promised.

I now want to get existing sheet music into Songbook and am trying to photograph each page. So far I've found it better to use a digital camera, rather than the one in the iPad. But either way it's tricky to get it all lined up and to keep your camera shadow off the image. Does anyone who has done this already have any good suggestions to make concerning this or another method?

Thanks,
Stuart.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: StuartR on February 22, 2018, 05:59:41 AM ---I just recently discovered Songbook +. I guess I must have been living under a rock until now.😲

It took me all of 30 minutes to load all my existing Chordpro files into Songbook and convert them to pdf's. Linking them to the Genos with the Yamaha Bluetooth adapter and Pageflip pedal took only another 15 minutes. This software was well worth the asking price, just as everyone promised.

I now want to get existing sheet music into Songbook and am trying to photograph each page. So far I've found it better to use a digital camera, rather than the one in the iPad. But either way it's tricky to get it all lined up and to keep your camera shadow off the image. Does anyone who has done this already have any good suggestions to make concerning this or another method?

--- End quote ---

Can't help you with your specific issue, but if you had a scanner, it would be better to scan the sheets to a PDF. You'd get better quality that way.

Fred

StuartR:

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on February 22, 2018, 06:11:16 AM ---Can't help you with your specific issue, but if you had a scanner, it would be better to scan the sheets to a PDF. You'd get better quality that way.

Fred

--- End quote ---

I thought about scanning the pages. Wasn't sure whether my 600dpi scanner would give me that much better resolution than my high resolution camera. My real concern is getting the sheet music pages to lay down flat on the scanner surface. Guess I'll give it a try and see. Thanks!

vinhbuidoi:
I have around 1400 songs in songbook+, about 1000 songs in JPG format. I like the JPG format because the size smaller than pdf. I use IPad to search for lyric of the song, then capture screen image, then use the Export option of the Songbook+ to import the file direct into the app.

Robert van Weersch:
Stuart, a scanner will almost always get the best result. But if you want to use a smartphone or tablet, try using Microsoft's Office Lens. It is free and does an amazing job at capturing paper sheets with the camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version