Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Using photos of sheet music in Songbook +

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pino:
SongBook is an excellent sheet viewer and has many editing features

I can only talk about the iPad Pro

The iPad Pro takes better photos than your normal scanner

Are you talking about individual sheet music or busker books?

You can download busker books and sheets from the internet and make a screenshot on iPad
Then do “photo to PDF in SongBook,

Vinhbuidol’s post is spot on.  😀

Bill:
Hi Stuart

I do not understand why you need to scan something in as a picture THEN need to convert it to PDF.

The IPAD is capable of Scanning directly as a PDF. There are many APPs that do this and correct the page deformations etc. They also automatically cutout the off page (background detail) clutter.  They also allow you to scan a complete tunes as one PDF file i.e.. if a tune has three pages in a score the scanner will allow you to scan ALL 3 pages into one file. This is far easier.
There is really no need to scan at a very high resolution, 300DPI is more than enough.

If you do not want to buy an additional APP you may already have one as the DROPBOX App has a built in scanner.

Bill

PWB:
Just to throw another idea in. I am not an accomplished pianist so I copy the music into iwrite pro and then I can transpose into an easier key. I find that I can also condense most songs into a single page which eliminates page turning halfway through a song. Sure it takes longer but it is the only way that I can tackle some scores in ridiculously hard keys.   

StuartR:

--- Quote from: Bill on February 23, 2018, 07:04:05 PM ---Hi Stuart

I do not understand why you need to scan something in as a picture THEN need to convert it to PDF.

The IPAD is capable of Scanning directly as a PDF. There are many APPs that do this and correct the page deformations etc. They also automatically cutout the off page (background detail) clutter.  They also allow you to scan a complete tunes as one PDF file i.e.. if a tune has three pages in a score the scanner will allow you to scan ALL 3 pages into one file. This is far easier.
There is really no need to scan at a very high resolution, 300DPI is more than enough.

If you do not want to buy an additional APP you may already have one as the DROPBOX App has a built in scanner.

Bill

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bill. Didn't know about the scan to PDF apps. I'll check them out.

*UPDATE* turns out I already had Adobe Scan on my phone but didn't realize its potential. What an idiot! Thanks for waking me up.

StuartR:

--- Quote from: Robert van Weersch on February 23, 2018, 02:14:12 PM ---Stuart, a scanner will almost always get the best result. But if you want to use a smartphone or tablet, try using Microsoft's Office Lens. It is free and does an amazing job at capturing paper sheets with the camera.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Robert. Never heard of Office Lens. I'll check that out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version