Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Using photos of sheet music in Songbook +

<< < (3/3)

frozzers:
Stuart

I started off down your route and spent hours scanning to PDF then uploading to my Surface Pro (same principle as yours).

Then I saw this post about the Wikifonia song database:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42091.msg332652.html#msg332652

Halfway down the post Jorgen provided a link to the database which I then downloaded. I was amazed at the volume and quality; many of the scores were in a much better state than those I'd scanned. So I felt like I'd wasted a lot of time and effort with the scanning.

If you download the database, it's worth spending some time looking through the list. There are many standards. The original database has them sorted on composer but someone later sorted them on title - see page 2 on the Synthzone associated link. I suggest that you download that one.

Note, the scores are in '.mxl' format. To convert them to PDF, I used MuseScore which is a great music notation program so, before you convert them, you can eg transpose the music or make any other adjustments as required.

Zionip (Paul) provided a fabulous conversion script routine (included in the above link) which made very short work of the conversion.

Cheers

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version