Author Topic: The Next Genos  (Read 9705 times)

Mike2

The Next Genos
« on: August 29, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »
Does the next Genos have to be named that name? Why I ask is that, the meaning of the word Genos, in the dictionary "a genos was a social group claiming common descent" The Tyros definition is "a beginner or novice" I guess maybe I don't understand the name "Genos" as it pertains to the current keyboard. I think many people have a hard time pronouncing it, I, being one of them. Maybe me being Canadian French doesn't help. :)

Jeff Hollande

Re: The Next Genos
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 06:51:45 PM »
I have never heard one is having a problem with the brand name " Genos ". ;)

JH

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 06:54:04 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Mike2

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 07:25:03 PM »
I'm not saying people are have a problem with the name Genos. I guess having owned all of the Technics keyboards, like KN-600
KN-800, KN-1000,2000,3000, 2500, 5000, 6000, 6500 and 7000, kind of easier to name. Seeing the progression and quality each time. But I guess Yamaha could keep improving with the name Genos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and so forth...by the Genos 6, my days would be numbered for sure.. :-[

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 07:25:25 PM »
Here we go again😀 I liked the Tyros name. But then they made a keyboard that differ from the Tyros line in many ways. New user interface. I think the name Genos is supposed to make us think av a new generation.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 07:26:00 PM »
If in doubt, Mike2, call yours Tyros 6 🤣.
I agree. It's a bit of an odd name.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 08:12:01 PM »
I was dying to have a Vox Continental when I was a teenager.

Maybe I'll buy a Vox nameplate and glue it over "Genos." Can't get a reverse color 76-key keyboard tho'...  ;D

Having attended marketing meetings when I had a gainful job, they probably argued for months about the name. And I do mean "argue." Don't even mention arguments about color choice...  :o

-- pj

keynote

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 09:00:27 PM »
Genos, Transliteration: genos/genes, means offspring or family. The phonetic spelling is: (ghen'-os) which I think is why when the Genos became available many people were confused about how it was supposed to be pronounced. Peter Baartmans at first pronounced it in its phonetic form. But later most people, including Peter, started pronouncing it like Tyros is pronounced. I think someone at Yamaha who may have some biblical background came up with the name and it really does fit. The Genos is basically an offspring of the Tyros series, built from scratch, from the ground up. I'll go out on a limb and predict Yamaha will call it Genos 2. It will be part of the 'offspring' of the Genos series like the Tyros series developed over time. But whatever Yamaha calls it, I wish they'd hurry up. ;D

Although we really don't want to rush Yammie since we don't want a half-baked keyboard staring us in the face as Korg did with the Pa5X apparently. The Pa5X is still playable but it has a lot of people upset because of various bugs and missing features from what I understand.  I'll go out on another limb and predict Yamaha will implement Seamless Sound Switching/Transition on the Genos 2. It's a game changer in my opinion and the Korg Pa5X was the first keyboard out of the gate in the Arranger arena. As such Yamaha could lose market share if they fiddle around too long. The proof will be in the pudding but I expect Genos 2 will raise the bar once again and will undoubtedly give the Korg Pa5X and the Ketron SD9 a definite run for their money. I just wish Roland were back in the game because more competition means better competitive pricing for consumers and even better products because manufacturers have to be on their toes or risk eating dust.   

All the best,
Mike

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 11:12:00 PM »
Being a real Yamaha fan, like all loyal members of this forum, I am convinced the new Genos' successor will be a Winner, no matter what the individual brand name will be.

More important is people can see and hear it is a Yamaha, IMHO.

The main brand name Yamaha stands for : Unique Sound and Superb Quality.

All the best, JH
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:17:33 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline sunny

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 05:37:25 AM »
The next Genos may be GENOS2 , Please see this video, if it's true,they may announce in september month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSVqs-tQNU

Unofficial information :

New Specs:
✅ USB 3
✅ Screen lifting system
✅ 16 PADs [multipads]
✅ 8 OTS
✅ 2 Style Players
✅ 16 Gb Expansion Memory
✅ More complex Style Editor
✅ 32 tracks Internal MIDI and 8 visible tracks
✅ programmable RGB LEDs
✅ Portamento & Legato similar to the PSR A5000
✅ AND MORE....

Sunny
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:42:28 AM by sunny »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 06:07:15 AM »
Hi Sunny :

As long as YAMAHA are not announcing the REAL photo's and spec's, please consider all third party's Genos2 news as being TOP FAKE !

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:10:07 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline sunny

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 06:25:21 AM »
Hi Sunny :

As long as YAMAHA are not announcing the REAL photo's and spec's, please consider all third party's Genos2 news as being TOP FAKE !

Best wishes, JH

Hi JH,
As long as YAMAHA are not announcing the REAL photo's and spec's, then why to discuss about the Next Genos ?

Sunny

Offline rbackes

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 08:30:41 AM »
Hi,

as I understood it, GENOS stands for GENeration Open Source - It has a Linux OS for the main processor instead of the QNX its predecessors had.

Rainer

The following users thanked this post: vitalog2010

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 08:42:17 AM »
Maybe it doesn’t mean anything, maybe somebody dreamt up what they thought was a catchy name, It happens, not everything is an acronym.
Mike

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 08:52:01 AM »
A good question, Sunny !

As usual, Yamaha will nothing officially announce until the Genos' successor is ready to be launched.
However, it will not be a PA5X copy, it will be a real Yamaha, IMHO.

The main question remains : Will there come a Genos' successor soon ? 
Will it be called Genos2 ?
Nobody knows, except Yamaha.

In my perception it might even take 6 - 9 months before Yamaha are going to inform the public. Who knows ? Maybe I might be completely wrong.

Keep smiling. :)

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:58:32 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2022, 01:15:02 PM »
The next Genos may be GENOS2 , Please see this video, if it's true,they may announce in september month.

Unofficial information :

New Specs:
✅ USB 3
✅ Screen lifting system
✅ 16 PADs [multipads]
✅ 8 OTS
✅ 2 Style Players
✅ 16 Gb Expansion Memory
✅ programmable RGB LEDs
✅ AND MORE....

Sunny

Although quite amusing & provocative, all these unconfirmed & unsubstantiated specs are misleading and nothing more than glorified wish lists!
YT videos from Romania are most suspect and notorious for creating false but very slick presentations!
May I suggest desisting from propagating these rumors until an official announcement from Yamaha seals the deal?

Just my 2 cents.

:)
Uday
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 01:34:48 PM by usaraiya »

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

Offline sunny

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 02:40:34 PM »
Friends,
 Is this Genos 2 in this video ? The thumbnail photos in this video is Genos 2. I am surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yamaha+genos+2

Sunny

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:43:59 PM by sunny »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 03:25:58 PM »
It's easy to misunderstand and think excisting Genos is 2 because of the OS is updated to v2.11.
New OS update, addons, more space etc..... that's what Bartmans and others demonstrate in videos that's not fake.
BUT IT's NOT A REAL NEW GENOS 2! All links and clicbaits at YT is still FAKE, added the number 2 at the end of the name and mixed into a video.
Just don't waste any time to help the clikbaitmakers earn more money at this bad made videos and photoshopped pictures.
If or when a Genos successor is ready to  show up, Yamaha has it's own way to present it by professional videos and pictures.
What name to be choosen, if any, noone outside the inner circle of Yamaha knows. It's as simple as that..  8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 05:09:26 PM »
Hi GJ :

Since the PA5X came on the market in August 2022, many Yamaha customers were expecting Yamaha would come with an answer soon.

Apparently it looks like it will take much more time than customers are hoping.  ::)
Perhaps in 2023 ?

Best wishes, JH

Offline Toril S

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 05:49:49 PM »
Yamaha will not just force out new models to please the public. They wait until they can give us quality!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, Ryszard Bieszczad

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 06:28:10 PM »
Well said, Toril !  :)

I fully agree with your very wise conclusion.

Best wishes, JH

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 07:26:45 PM »
Hello,
Why speculate on situations that nobody controls?
musical friendships

keynote

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2022, 07:41:27 PM »
The video posted by Sunny is somewhat intriguing. I like the greenish-yellow lights and the darker purplish lights for the 8 one-touch settings. Two Style Players makes sense because the current Genos Style display on the main screen takes up a lot of room at the bottom of the display panel. The Korg Pa5X has two Style Players now as well. Korg & Yamaha have been known to collaborate so I'm pretty confident Yammie added two Style Players in response to Korg's addition. Whoever made the video did a professional job. The Multi Pad next to Style A & Style B at the bottom right also makes sense. If you notice on the current Genos there is an 'empty' space between the Main Menu buttons and the USB interface on the right. As it stands now the layout on the right's "empty space" seems at odds with the rest of the keyboard. Adding 16 Multi Pad Buttons to that area would make the layout of the Genos 2 more proportional and more professional looking in my opinion. But I think the Pad Buttons will be of better quality having numbers or letters on top positioned in sequence with touch sensitivity. And USB 3 is now the new standard going on many years since its introduction so USB 3 seems like an appropriate upgrade. A tilted screen could also be in the works since it was very popular in the Tyros series. I will go out on another limb and predict Yamaha will release both a 61-key version along with a 76-key version. No 88 key version in my estimation because I think Yamaha wants to see how well the Korg Pa5X 88 key sells before Yammie decides to forge ahead one way or the other. But they could surprise us.

Remember also that when the Pa5X was just a glimmer in everyone's eyes Romania put out several videos of the Pa5X months before Korg's official announcement. Some sources said a Pa5X was stolen off the back of a delivery lorry and that could be the case. Nevertheless, the videos were the real deal and again that was MONTHS before Korg's official announcement. Perhaps Romania has a real inside connection with Yamaha Europe? These could be leaks of what the Genos 2 will look like but only in an unofficial capacity since Yamaha hasn't made an official announcement yet. Similar to what transpired with the Korg Pa5X on the internet and with Korg Japan/USA.

Anyway, it's fun to get a glimpse at what the Genos 2 might look like. Again, it was several months in between the Pa5X showing up on the internet (YouTube) and Korg's official announcement, and therefore if the past is prologue we might hear and see the Genos 2 official announcement from Yammie in the coming months. The current Genos was announced at the end of October/ beginning of November 2017. I think I got the first one in California in mid-November but had to return it because of a problem that cropped up with the SSD. Bought a second one in early December and the rest is history. Will the Genos 2 show up in time for the Holidays? Usually, that's when people are willing to shell out bigger bucks for a present... to themselves. ;) If not this Holiday season then hopefully next Holiday season. I guess we shouldn't get too excited, should we? Now, where are those blood pressure pills? ;D Just kidding. I've always had good blood pressure thank the Lord. Cheers.

All the best,
Mike   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 07:42:53 PM by keynote »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »

Unofficial information :

New Specs:
✅ USB 3
✅ Screen lifting system
✅ 16 PADs [multipads]
✅ 8 OTS
✅ 2 Style Players
✅ 16 Gb Expansion Memory
✅ programmable RGB LEDs
✅ AND MORE....

Sunny

The only 2 things in that list that would be improvements are USB 3 and more expansion memory. We can already create unlimited OTS using registration banks.

8 style Parts and 4 Multi Pads are plenty of channels to make music... sometimes even fewer style Parts are great.  Sometimes as the saying goes... "less is more"

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2022, 09:21:21 PM »
Good point, Joe.

When news of an updated machine comes out, the suggestions always come flying out of the woodwork like cockroaches (no offence anyone 😉). Many of the suggestions are very specific to a small group of players. I'm sure Yamaha will update G2 with all the important stuff to keep the masses happy.

Someone needs to filter out the most asked for ideas like seamless switching, tiltable capacitive screen with better colors and less clutter, updated piano, organ, and e.piano voices, better Style Creator, and perhaps registration software for editing them on a PC or Mac instead of the endless menus on board the Genos. The OS is clunky and needs to use more conventional function names. For example, "Copy here" is dumb. Why not just "Paste"?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2022, 10:08:26 PM »
Yamaha will not just force out new models to please the public. They wait until they can give us quality!
It’s not about pleasing the public. Its not even about pleasing current Genos owners. For Yamaha it will be about not losing revenue to competitors.
As I said on a previous post, anyone in the market right now for a TOTL arranger is not likely to be buying a Genos. They are either buying the Korg, or maybe waiting to see if something is imminent from Yamaha. But with no definite news from Yamaha how long would they delay? I would think there is some real pressure on Yamaha from their dealer network to get a competitive product out there.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2022, 10:39:15 PM »
Well people are still recording fantastic music on Genos and see no need to rush for a new model I think they certainly will not rush out and buy a Korg with all the problems it has a present.
Eileen
font]

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2022, 11:28:18 PM »
Well people are still recording fantastic music on Genos and see no need to rush for a new model I think they certainly will not rush out and buy a Korg with all the problems it has a present.

I'm pretty sure people that have got the PA5X in hands can record lots of fantastic music as well, and I know a couple that can record brilliant music on a cheap Casio. 🎵🎼
Most of the problems advanced Korg users report, is things that the average homeplayer that mainly play songs as pianoplayer or along with styles probably will not experiense.
Just as when Genos was launched, most of the errors was reported by advanced users, and just as Yamaha has done, Korg will fix most there is to fix and add with some updates..
As many says, it's not the keyboard, it's the player that make the real difference. 😊

Btw, at the moment there is not much Genos or PA-X items to find in the stores, at least here in Europe, so as you say, there is no need to rush...... 😁

Maybe 🎵🎵Santa Claus is coming to town ...🎵🎵 this or next year. 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline pjd

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2022, 11:51:51 PM »
Good point, Joe.

When news of an updated machine comes out, the suggestions always come flying out of the woodwork...

Yep, this is human nature in glorious display on the Web.  :D I'm watching the same thing happen on Yamaha synth forums. The new MODX+ is due to be announced on September 1. Yes, it was leaked and, yes, everyone went barking mad.  ;D

Wash, rinse, repeat -- pj

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2022, 03:04:23 PM »
I'm honestly impressed Sunny keeps fueling the rumor mill on this supposed Genos 2. Are you by chance the owner of one of those romanian youtube accounts? Everyone knows those videos are photoshop fakes, but we can only wish...

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2022, 03:29:11 PM »
Speculation has always been a funny tradition here when a new arranger is expected to be launched. :)

On the other hand nobody knows when the new Yamaha will be available and how it will look like.

It is obvious it will NEVER be a PA5X copy, IMHO.

JH

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 06:47:50 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2022, 04:06:12 PM »
Yep, this is human nature in glorious display on the Web.  :D I'm watching the same thing happen on Yamaha synth forums. The new MODX+ is due to be announced on September 1. Yes, it was leaked and, yes, everyone went barking mad.  ;D

Maybe we will get a Genos+ with a bit more sample memory and bluetooth onboard, that fits in the same case with a new logo.

Offline Del B

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2022, 04:54:55 PM »
I really can't wait for the next Genos or whatever it will be called when it arrives so we can create another thread and rip it to bits.  :P >:( :o ;D

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline Toril S

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2022, 01:20:44 PM »
Yes, the wolves are waiting for a crisp plastic mesl to tear apart!😀😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline maartenb

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2022, 01:30:41 PM »
Is this Genos 2 in this video ?
No.

The thumbnail photos in this video is Genos 2.
No, it's a Genos (1) with v2 firmware.

Maarten

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2022, 07:45:02 AM »
Yamaha just introduced the new synth MODX+ serie.

Does that mean the Genos' successor might come sooner than has been expected  ? Cross my fingers. :)

Regards, JH

tyrosman

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2022, 09:53:24 AM »

Does that mean the Genos' successor might come sooner than has been expected  ? Cross my fingers. :)   dont think so

Regards, JH

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2022, 01:29:07 PM »
Yamaha just introduced the new synth MODX+ series.
Does that mean the Genos' successor might come sooner than has been expected  ? Cross my fingers. :)
Regards, JH
Not likely, Jeff. The Genos and MODX keyboards are created by two entirely different development teams, I would assume. That means different deadlines and release dates.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2022, 05:24:00 PM »
Yes that is correct. Two different animals.
Eileen
font]

Offline pjd

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »

Regards, JH

Yamaha have CK61/CK88 in the queue: http://sandsoftwaresound.net/namm-2022-your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine/

Yep, two different development groups, two different roadmaps, two different schedules. The only possible schedule issue is when to launch major products and not muddy the waters. Have we ever seen a major synth and a major arranger announced at the same time? (E-series don't count.) Kinda Marketing 101.

I'm leaning more into Derek's camp -- Genos with a plus sign.  :D

All the best -- pj

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2022, 07:27:47 PM »
Genos + ?
No more ?
IMHO, hard to believe there will be no major changes after 5 years ...

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:37:51 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »
Good point, Jeff. If history is any lesson, Yamaha will bring a new Genos arranger to the table that will be miles ahead of the PA5X. Korg and the other arranger producers have had some impressive machines but Yamaha always seems to take the cup each time.

With arrangers, I think it's all about what you need it for. If you're a home player, you can get by with the basic or advanced stuff, depending how much time you want to spend. If you're a stage player like myself, you need more advanced controls and features. Thankfully, the Genos is still an excellent sounding keyboard whereby if it takes Yamaha another year or so to bring out the new model, we can live it. It's not like the Genos is drastically outdated 😉.

Offline Del B

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2022, 12:55:06 AM »
As I said on a previous post, anyone in the market right now for a TOTL arranger is not likely to be buying a Genos. They are either buying the Korg, or maybe waiting to see if something is imminent from Yamaha. But with no definite news from Yamaha how long would they delay? I would think there is some real pressure on Yamaha from their dealer network to get a competitive product out there.
Mike
I agree Mike I am in the market for the TOTL arranger and yes first glance and hearing although it was on YouTube I was quite impressed with the Pa5x with some of the instrument sounds and some of the new features, however I have decided to see what’s on the horizon with Yamaha, At this point of time I won’t be buying the Genos  although I have found a reputable music company selling them brand new for £3400 uk pounds.
I will not be trading in my tyros5 when I get the new TOTL arranger this will be my second keyboard and link the two together, I love the Tyros it’s robust and still a formidable keyboard. :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:58:02 AM by Del B »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »
Hey Guys :

I have to admit I have no idea ( like most of us, I guess ) when we can expect a new high end Yamaha arranger.
I am only dreaming and speculating.

I have decided ( for myself ) to close this subject until Yamaha will show the world a tip of the iceberg.

However, I cannot believe Yamaha, the World Arranger Leader, have the intention to bring - after 5/6 years - a "simple upgrade ", called Genos+.
In my mind this new highend Yamaha arranger will be unique, far ahead of its time, very reliable, plug-and-play and ... even much more, as usual.

You may say I am a dreamer but I am not the only one. ( Imagine, John Lennon ). ;)

Best Wishes, JH

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:23:24 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2022, 11:07:35 AM »
Dream on everyone😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ton37

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2022, 08:10:08 PM »
And the time you dream will be shorter than you think... and then you wake up from a dream or a nightmare  ;D 8)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2022, 09:46:58 PM »
And the time you dream will be shorter than you think... and then you wake up from a dream or a nightmare  ;D 8)

"Enjoy yourself while your still in the pink"!!
   "The years go by quickly as a wink"
       "Life is shorter than you think"!
Enjoy yourself, Enjoy yorself ,it's later than you think
   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:00:25 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2022, 06:26:20 PM »
Genos + ?
No more ?
IMHO, hard to believe there will be no major changes after 5 years ...

Best regards, JH
Also hard to believe it took Korg over 7 years to announce a successor to the PA4x, but that's what happened!

*edit 4x, not $x. Held down shift too long
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:14:33 PM by Amwilburn »

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2022, 09:42:06 PM »
Also hard to believe it took Korg over 7 years to announce a successor to the PA$x, but that's what happened!
Perhaps they were waiting to see what Yamaha was putting out for the G2 so they could keep the PA5X competitive. After months of no reply from Yamaha, they probably said, "It's time to start recouping our R&D from the PA5X."

keynote

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2022, 11:58:51 PM »
Also hard to believe it took Korg over 7 years to announce a successor to the PA4x, but that's what happened!

Korg is a small company compared to Yamaha. I can understand why Korg took 7 years to build a successor to the Pa4X, especially after the global pandemic hit and the supply chain crisis, and silicon chip shortages. Yamaha Corporation has been a major partner of Korg, supplying them with circuitry and mechanical parts to this day from what I understand. Since Yamaha is a major corporation it's easy to expect new products on a fairly consistent basis. Next month it will be FIVE WHOLE YEARS since the Genos appeared on the scene. In a normal, stable, and prosperous global economy, Yammie used to crank them out about every two to three years. But because of several global challenges previously mentioned I think Yamaha is also behind schedule about two years. If that is accurate then the Genos 2 could potentially be scheduled for release this holiday season. But perhaps Yamaha will wait possibly until next holiday season (2023) hoping that economic inflation and the chip bottleneck, etc., have been alleviated enough to make it more reasonable from a consumer and bottom-line standpoint.   

Mike2

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »
Does anyone anticipate much better styles with the next Genos? And if so, will the current styles be added with a little adjustment? I am a simple player, self taught, and cannot read a note. With that said, I do depend on styles for a better enjoyment. If Yamaha does develop some very new and great styles, will they be able to sound as good with my current Genos?
Free style play is also very important for, playing liturgical music. I would hope more expanded free play styles will be added.  Christmas styles as well, I find they could be better developed for playing all the Christmas songs and carols. Seems to me, they all sound the same. Yes I do allot of adjustments to the current available styles. I guess we shall see.