Author Topic: Voices disappeared from register??  (Read 1732 times)

baghdad4ever

Voices disappeared from register??
« on: June 06, 2022, 10:26:52 PM »
Hi
I had strange behavior in Yamaha PSR A5000
I saved voices in register file but when I choose midi file the voices disappear ?? Why ?? How to solve that?

This is video explain the problem

https://youtu.be/hZFL0j44Ifs

Thanks

Offline TiasDad

Re: Voices disappeared from register??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »
To save the voice to a registration slot, you have to hit the Memory key, then the number of the registration. You appear to just hit the registration number which will load what was last saved to it.

Hope that helps.

baghdad4ever

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »
To save the voice to a registration slot, you have to hit the Memory key, then the number of the registration. You appear to just hit the registration number which will load what was last saved to it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Sir
Thank you for your reply
I'm already saved the voice in registration slot no. 2
If you see the video I loaded the voice firstly and everything OK
But when I chose the midi file
The problem occur and the voice disappeared

Offline Enildo

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 11:16:11 AM »
The midi file was saved along with voice files. When a midi file has voices attached, when loading the midi, the voice is called.
The voices haven't disappeared, it's so much so that when you hit the Register button they come back.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 11:18:38 AM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 12:36:58 PM »
Hi baghdad4ever,

If the current Keyboard Voices (Right/Left) and/or the current Multi Pad change when loading a MIDI file (if Quick Start is activated) or when starting a MIDI file (if Quick Start is NOT activated),  so-called "Keyboard Voice Meta Events" were saved in the MIDI file before (maybe accidentally). To avoid this in the future, make sure that the "Keyboard Voice" check box is NOT ticked in "Song Creator > Channel > Setup" (or in "MIDI Multi Recording > Setup" on newer models) when saving a changed MIDI file.

To REMOVE the Keyboard Voice Meta Events from MIDI files I recommend to use the PC (Windows) program PSRUTI:
>>> https://heikoplate.de/psruti.html

After installing PSRUTI, please click the Help button to call up the PDF manual and read the related chapter ("Delete Keyboard Events", page 37 in the English manual).

By the way, of course, such unwanted Keyboard Voice Events can also be removed from a MIDI file directly on the keyboard, but the easiest way is with PSRUTI. (In addition, all files in a folder can be edited "in one go" if required (batch mode).

P.S.
A temporary solution (as already mentioned by Enildo) is to just press the relevant Registration button a second time. Then the original keyboard voices memorized on this button (which were modified by the MIDI file) should be loaded correctly again.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 01:12:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

baghdad4ever

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 09:30:47 AM »
The midi file was saved along with voice files. When a midi file has voices attached, when loading the midi, the voice is called.
The voices haven't disappeared, it's so much so that when you hit the Register button they come back.
You are right thank you very much

baghdad4ever

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
Hi baghdad4ever,

If the current Keyboard Voices (Right/Left) and/or the current Multi Pad change when loading a MIDI file (if Quick Start is activated) or when starting a MIDI file (if Quick Start is NOT activated),  so-called "Keyboard Voice Meta Events" were saved in the MIDI file before (maybe accidentally). To avoid this in the future, make sure that the "Keyboard Voice" check box is NOT ticked in "Song Creator > Channel > Setup" (or in "MIDI Multi Recording > Setup" on newer models) when saving a changed MIDI file.

To REMOVE the Keyboard Voice Meta Events from MIDI files I recommend to use the PC (Windows) program PSRUTI:
>>> https://heikoplate.de/psruti.html

After installing PSRUTI, please click the Help button to call up the PDF manual and read the related chapter ("Delete Keyboard Events", page 37 in the English manual).

By the way, of course, such unwanted Keyboard Voice Events can also be removed from a MIDI file directly on the keyboard, but the easiest way is with PSRUTI. (In addition, all files in a folder can be edited "in one go" if required (batch mode).

P.S.
A temporary solution (as already mentioned by Enildo) is to just press the relevant Registration button a second time. Then the original keyboard voices memorized on this button (which were modified by the MIDI file) should be loaded correctly again.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
Thank you Sir For your temporary solution it is worked
I will try this useful program