Author Topic: I became a new performer......  (Read 4493 times)

Offline manuel

I became a new performer......
« on: June 20, 2020, 05:01:48 AM »
Hello Friends

Today I became a Performer on the PSR Family....Please, check my music, I played and recorded all in my Genos...I use only Registrations, some user styles, factory, etc....I "fine tune" them to my liking, and made the Registration bank and done.
Of all the selections, I used only ONE midi file, the arrangement of "You Never Find another Love like mine" a la Michael Buble...I really like that version, of course, I played the lead. 
On the others, is just me in real time.

Is an assortment of different genres and tempos....

Here the link

https://psrtutorial.com/perf/Manuel.html

I hope you like them.

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, Al Ram, KeyboardByBiggs, GUILLERMO

Pino

Re: I became a new performer......
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 06:57:39 AM »
Very nicely played Manuel and such a pleasure to hear a professional playing, all good songs, the best for me was "Crazy little thing called love" That BigBandShfl’ is a really great style but not many players attempt it, it has to be arranged in a certain way for it to sound good and you pulled it off nicely.

Pino
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:39:22 AM by Pino »

The following users thanked this post: manuel

Offline terryB

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:30:54 AM »
Hi Manuel I've just listened to 'Always on my mind', knock out playing and arrangement very professional sound. Loved the chords you played, you are obviously a talented musician. I will listen to more later  :)
Cheers Terry

Offline Richard Kent

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Manuel.  If your future presentations are as spectacular as those in your initial portfolio, we are all in for pure listening pleasure.

Richard

Offline JohnS

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »
Manuel, you make beautiful music. So enjoyable.
Thank you.
I have a Tyros5/76 & Tyros4 SE XL.
My keyboard holds every song ever written. I just have to find them.

DonM

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 05:47:01 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Manuel.  If your future presentations are as spectacular as those in your initial portfolio, we are all in for pure listening pleasure.

Richard
Manuel has been around for MANY years!  A true pro and a true friend. 

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 06:43:46 PM »
Manuel, you make wonderful music! Congratulations with your performers page!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
Welcome Manuel, nice playing.
Mike

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 01:43:31 AM »
Manuel,

I listened all your music. You play like a pro. Your profile is interesting too. I think if we met we would be friends.

Do you think Yamaha will ever release style creator software? You made a brief mention in a post awhile back. (just curious)

:)

Kind regards,
Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline hans1966

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 02:44:49 AM »
Hi Manuel, congratulations. I really like your music. I admire you. you are very professional a hug!!. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Ed B

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 03:01:17 AM »
Hi Manuel
Great to hear your wonderful playing and arrangements.
Best regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline manuel

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 08:32:44 PM »
Just in case, I just added 4 new songs....

In the song La Bikina (Mexican Folk song), I used the Mariachi Expansion Pack with the style Joropo and also I used the Mariachi Trumpets and Mexican Harp. This way you get to hear what we do making this expansion packs...and I know is very different.

In the Una Historia de Amor, I used only Genos Preset Style and Voices, I did some adjustments in the Style, and in the right voices, I made some adjustments, a light EQ/Filter, Reverb, I added a delay on the E. PIano and also on the Sax....etc.

The Song Watermelon man I used a user style named HipBoogaloo and I also adjust some volumes, filter, eq.....
I also used in some songs (this 4), the S.A.2 Voices a little bit, I think you will be able to hear that.

And in the song The Way you make me feel....(Michael Jackson), I used a preset style, and sounds, the "novelty" part is that I used the Michael Jackson acapella extract from his recording, and Use the Audio Link Multipad, so, you see that you do not have to have the entire song, I just use that part and gives me the freedom to play that song if I want for 45 seconds or 45 minutes....(Of course, as an example), I used 5 Registrations, and only in the Fifth one, I put in sync the Audio Link multipad....

I am trying to record a very WIDE genres spectrum, from standards, Pop, Folk, R & B, Latin, etc...
I hope you like them   

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 10:47:45 PM »
...  This way you get to hear what we do making this expansion packs...and I know is very different...

Beautiful playing!

I wish I had a copy of the software you are using to make those styles.

;D

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline manuel

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 11:09:39 PM »
Hello Joe H

Thank you for your kind words.....but, I use basically factory preset styles, some song/user styles and I also have installed some Premium expansion packs with some regular expansion packs like the Mariachi/Norteño, Cumbia Latina y mas, Salsa, Fiesta Caliente, etc.....No software.....(unless you refer to the Yamaha Expansion Manager that is free and available to every one, and that is only to be able to gather several expansion packs to make one single file for instalation).

But so far, on the songs I have sent to Joe Waters (Thank you again for posting the songs), the only one that have a style and voices from the Mariachi pack is "La Bikina".
I just want to post the widest possible range of musical genres, that of course, are musical.
For what I see, you have a PSR S970, I can send you some packs or if you want a ready pack for installation....but, before that, I need to know if you have already an expansion pack or packs installed in your Keyboard, the reason I ask is that if you install ANY other Pack (with the extension .ppi) it will erase the previous pack in case that you have one already install....and I would not want to erase something you need or play with.
Let me know in case that you have some packs installed, witch ones you have, so, I can see if I can make one for you.

Kind regards

Manuel 
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »
Hi - great recordings!  I am enjoying listening some of them as I write this note.  Nice smooth professional sound . . . great playing!

-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
... For what I see, you have a PSR S970, I can send you some packs or if you want a ready pack for installation....but, before that, I need to know if you have already an expansion pack or packs installed in your Keyboard, the reason I ask is that if you install ANY other Pack...

Thank you for the offer Manuel. Yes I have many expansion packs installed and use the full expansion memory already and do not have room for all my packs I'd like to install. I will have to upgrade to an sx900 in the future to add more packs.

Regards,
Joe H

Offline Ryszard Bieszczad

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 05:58:41 PM »
Hi Manuel ;D
You have a beautiful music biography, you play beautifully, and therefore welcome to us music lovers.
I wish you good health and best regards.
Ryszard

A day without making music is a lost day :)
https://psrtutorial.com/perf/ryszard.html

Offline Stubby

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 02:46:05 AM »
Hi Manuel I've just listened to 'Always on my mind', knock out playing and arrangement very professional sound. Loved the chords you played, you are obviously a talented musician. I will listen to more later  :)
Cheers Terry

I only have listened to one song so far, and completely agree with Terry.  There were some interesting chord progressions, that I haven't seen  in the books I have.  And I wish I could play sax like that.  ;D.

Offline mikf

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »
 Substitute chords, advanced chords and more interesting progressions are often things the performer themself might come up with so you may not see them in the typical books or sheet music. But if you are interested in these things you might want to look at books like The Real Fake book. It often covers the actual progressions good players might use in many standards, rather than the simplest possible used by other fake books.
Also worth looking at some of the websites which cover chord substitution theory and practice. There are many of these on the internet. Mostly they lean towards jazz players, but unusual chord progressions are something which can raise the level of everyone’s playing.
Mike

Offline manuel

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 05:33:53 AM »

I wish I could read music, but, I do not....Since I was a child and playing several instruments, I guess kind of "tuned" my ear...
Regarding the chords I use, I play the chords that I think will be most suitable for wherever genre, I would not use sophisticated or "jazzy" chords on let say a Polka...it would not sound right...and so on.
Same goes for the orchestration I use too. I like to hear different versions of the same song, you tube is a great tool for Music appreciation....I get some ideas sometime from there.

My 2 Cents

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
Manuel, that is how I do it too. But you habe a much greater talent! I love your music.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline manuel

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 05:50:42 AM »
Hello friends...

I will be taking a little break, so, before, I send to our honorable Joe Waters, some more new songs, and he just post them in the Performers section, I hope you like them, just to let you know...Thank you Joe, I appreciate it.

As soon I get back from the break, and settle, I will record some more songs.
Thank you.

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel