Author Topic: Guitar solo multipad ?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline tommac

Guitar solo multipad ?
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:48:48 PM »
Another newbie question----Is it possible to take a guitar solo from a song and use it in a multipad ?---for example Another Brick in the Wall..   I can play the basics but the guitar solo is way beyond my skills.
Yamaha Genos

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Guitar solo multipad ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »
Another newbie question----Is it possible to take a guitar solo from a song and use it in a multipad ?---for example Another Brick in the Wall..   I can play the basics but the guitar solo is way beyond my skills.

If the "song" is a midi file, and the solo is on one track, transferring it would be relatively easy.

If the song is an audio file, and there was no other background noise, again, it would be pretty simple to create the appropriate audio multipad.

But if you would need to isolate a voice from a busy audio file, it would be almost impossible.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:08:59 PM »
Hi
Go to the main page Psr tutorial and look at tabs at the top and go for Utilities.
Look for Mike Bedeseem section and down load Padmaker Midi.
Get the midi file of the song first and then you can select the guitar passage from what bars the passage is and save after a few things to be done.
Padmaker will not take you long to figure out

All the best
John :)

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Online ckobu

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:16:55 PM »
It is true what @Fred and @ugavoga say.
You can see the process of making a Multipad with PadMaker in the video.

https://youtu.be/LrMD7Qm2Rsk

Offline tommac

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:29:20 PM »
Thanks ---will download and try it out
Yamaha Genos

Offline tommac

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 03:41:05 PM »
Thanks all have managed it --kind of
Yamaha Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 10:14:40 PM »
Hi
keep on plugging away . You will get there :)

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox