Author Topic: Back to 1.41  (Read 5427 times)

Offline vlbrgt

Back to 1.41
« on: November 20, 2019, 03:42:41 PM »
No remark in the release notes of the recent update v2.0 about returning to the older versieon 1.41.
So I suppose it would be possible ?
Someone any experience with returning to version 1.41 ?

The reason is that in the score view, the text for lyrics, notes and chords are very tiny. Almost unreadable for me.

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Back to 1.41
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
No remark in the release notes of the recent update v2.0 about returning to the older versieon 1.41.
So I suppose it would be possible ?
Someone any experience with returning to version 1.41 ?

The reason is that in the score view, the text for lyrics, notes and chords are very tiny. Almost unreadable for me.

Yes, you can return to 1.41. But remember it changes all settings to factory default, just like 2.0.

Also, none of your expansion styles will work, if you’ve loaded them with YEM 2.6.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:52:33 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »
I suspect Yamaha will fix that text annoyance in the next update, as Eileen says, perhaps 2.1. It would also be great if Yamaha would learn the structure and purpose of the darn alphabet for their lists (not just Playlists)!!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »
Amen to that!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 06:46:58 PM »
Yes, you can return to 1.41. But remember it changes all settings to factory default, just like 2.0.

Also, none of your expansion styles will work, if you’ve loaded them with YEM 2.6

Ok factory default is no problem. I still have my backups from version 1.41.

If version 1.41 is reinstalled, could I still use YEM 2.60 to install my packs or should I reinstall the earlier version of the YEM ?
Can the extra 2.0 pack also be installed in version 1.41 ?

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
The 2.0 pack will only work with the update.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »

The 'Read me.txt' file within the Sup-pack say that you need YEM 2.6 to install it, but nothing about Genos OS V2.
I cannot remember I've seen it, but is it written in any document or at Y website that the pack alone cannot be installed at Genos v1.41?
Has anyone tried if it's possible or if got any warnings when try, or if YEM 2.6 does communicate with G v1.41 at all? 🤔

(The 'quick install' is a new 2.0 feature, so that will most likely not work at all at 1.41)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
The 'Read me.txt' file within the Sup-pack say that you need YEM 2.6 to install it, but nothing about Genos OS V2.
I cannot remember I've seen it, but is it written in any document or at Y website that the pack alone cannot be installed at Genos v1.41?
Has anyone tried if it's possible or if got any warnings when try, or if YEM 2.6 does communicate with G v1.41 at all? 🤔

(The 'quick install' is a new 2.0 feature, so that will most likely not work at all at 1.41)

The expansion packs that I installed with YEM 2.6 do not work under 1.41. They simply don’t load. When you try to select one, the screen simply returns to a preset screen.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 09:09:09 PM »
The expansion packs that I installed with YEM 2.6 do not work under 1.41. They simply don’t load. When you try to select one, the screen simply returns to a preset screen.

Is this when you try to load what's already installed after revert OS, or have you also tried if YEM 2.6 works with G 1.41, and if it's possible to add both the 'old' packs and the new one from scratch?
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »
Is this when you try to load what's already installed after revert OS, or have you also tried if YEM 2.6 works with G 1.41, and if it's possible to add both the 'old' packs and the new one from scratch?

Haven’t gotten that far. When you figure it out, let me know.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ