Author Topic: How can I quickly switch on/off the "vocal harmony" function  (Read 514 times)

Offline herb

Hi , may I ask the question as above ...
In performance, we only need the "vocal harmony" function partially halfway playing the song. It will be a good thing to have a physical button for switching on/off the function but PX900 doesn't have such a button. Now I can make it happen though "Regidtration memory" only. Any better solution ?

=======
I then checked articles in the board and found solutions as following:

1. Assign it to an ASSIGNABLE button
2. Assign it to a Pedal (foot switch)

Thank you who posted them :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 03:58:48 AM by herb »

Offline maarkr

Re: How can I quickly switch on/off the "vocal harmony" function
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 03:56:02 AM »
I use registrations for most all of my song styles. Save the reg with the harmony on, then save the next reg with the harmony off.
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

The following users thanked this post: herb

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 04:01:47 AM »
You can map it to one of the assignable buttons just below the screen
Current: SX900
Past: PSR1100, PSR S700

The following users thanked this post: herb

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 12:33:16 PM »
I use registrations for most all of my song styles. Save the reg with the harmony on, then save the next reg with the harmony off.

I also use the Registration method.

I have slot #1 set up with the mic completely OFF (no sound at all).
Slot #2 is set up with No Reverb on the mic and the volume turned way up high. I use it to TALK to the audience, it makes it easy to get their attention.
Then at the other end of the Registration I have Slot #7 set up with just my voice and No Backup singer with about 17% reverb added (you got to have a bit on your mic).
Slot #8 has the Backup Singer with my Voice (again with reverb).   

I have over 30 different settings. Some with one singer as backup, two singers as backup, some are with men others have women. Then some have 17%, 25%, 40% and 50% of Reverb on the mic, it all depends on the song. 

A few setups use a third slot #6, there I use the Voice Doubler or the Male to Female harmony.

I always take the time to setup a custom style for each song to perform each tune. I never use a registration for that task, except in rare situations.

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, herb