Genos (12 Boards) > Genos2

SSS test

(1/4) > >>

soundphase:
Hello all,

The Duduk sound in DesertAdventure style (OTS) has a lot of reverb.
I created 2 registrations starting from DesertAdventure. On both of them, I only switch the "Duduk Meditation" sound on.
In the second I changed the style to OrchestralMarch.

In the second I switched back the reverb choice and all associated values to the one stored into the first registration
I copied all filter/EQ/Chorus/Reverb/PAN volume on both registrations
And in both registrations for "Assign part setting" I put all DSP insertion effects to "off/through".

My goal is to have exactly and only the same Duduk sound on the same R part, with no other DSP effect than the reverb/chorus/Variation Effect.

I play the Duduk sound alone (one note, without the style) with the registration associated with DesertAdventure style. During the reverb time, I then press the button for the second registration (Orchestral March). The reverb is badly cut.

I now play the same Duduk sound with the registration associated with OrchestralMarch. During the reverb time, I then press the button to come back to the first registration (DesertAdventure). The reverb continues to be heard correctly without being cut.

Very very strange.

soundphase:
It seems that nobody has the beginning of an explanation.

It’s difficult to manage beautiful registration transition when we don’t understand the rules to follow.

KurtAgain:
I would make sure that the two registrations use different DSPs. But that seems to me to be exactly what you don't want to do.

Kurt

overover:
Hi soundphase,

As is well known, the System Effect types (Reverb and Chorus Effect Blocks, as well as Variation Effect if it is used as a System Effect ("Variation Connection" parameter is set to "System") are called up / switched by the Style used (or the MIDI file used). This means that the Voices themselves do not call up any System Effect types.

I looked at the two Genos2 styles "DesertAdventure" and "OrchestralMarch" in MixMaster (see also the attached screenshot). Among other things, I noticed the following:

“DesertAdventure” uses the “REVelation Cathedral” Reverb Type, but “OrchestralMarch” uses “REVelation LargeHall”. If, as in your case, the Style is switched by registrations, a longer reverb that still sounds will be cut off (because, as mentioned, the reverb type is switched, and this also applies to the Voices you use).

The solution might be to set the Effect Type the same in both styles, i.e. change it in one of the two styles. Alternatively, the Reverb Type can also be memorized directly into the Registrations. To do this, call up each registration of the relevant bank, make sure that the "correct" Reverb Type is set (in the Mixer display) and re-memorize the registration to the same registration button. Finally don't forget to re-save the Bank file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

soundphase:

--- Quote from: overover on April 30, 2024, 03:45:44 PM ---Hi soundphase,

As is well known, the System Effect types (Reverb and Chorus Effect Blocks, as well as Variation Effect if it is used as a System Effect ("Variation Connection" parameter is set to "System") are called up / switched by the Style used (or the MIDI file used). This means that the Voices themselves do not call up any System Effect types.

I looked at the two Genos2 styles "DesertAdventure" and "OrchestralMarch" in MixMaster (see also the attached screenshot). Among other things, I noticed the following:

“DesertAdventure” uses the “REVelation Cathedral” Reverb Type, but “OrchestralMarch” uses “Revelation LargeHall”. If, as in your case, the Style is switched by registrations, a longer reverb that still sounds will be cut off (because, as mentioned, the reverb type is switched, and this also applies to the Voices you use).

The solution might be to set the Effect Type the same in both styles, i.e. change it in one of the two styles. Alternatively, the Reverb Type can also be memorized directly into the Registrations. To do this, call up each registration of the relevant bank, make sure that the "correct" Reverb Type is set (in the Mixer display) and re-memorize the registration to the same registration button. Finally don't forget to re-save the Bank file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

--- End quote ---

Thank you for spending time.

I put exactly the same reverb/chorus/variation effect parameters in Both registrations. So I changed the reverb type on the OrchestralMarch-based registration to "REVelation Cathedral" and put exactly the same values.

What is more strange is:
When I switch reg1 to reg2 => reverb is cut.
When I switch reg2 to reg1 => reverb is not cut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version