Author Topic: T5 - Main Line out and Ports 1, 2, 3 & 4  (Read 180 times)

Offline Trecker1247

T5 - Main Line out and Ports 1, 2, 3 & 4
« on: April 15, 2024, 07:58:49 AM »
Morning all.
It's been a while since i have had the need to ask a question via the forum as i pretty much understand the T5 inside out now.
The scenario is this.
I use my T5 in a 6 piece band and unusually i use no other keyboards as the T5 does it all.
However, We use quite a sophisticated PA system - (a Yamaha T5 desk) - and a front of house sound person with an iPad controlling the sounds and volumes.
There are certain instruments within the T5 that we need to make louder for solo work - IE: Barritone saz out of the LEFT chanel in one number and the Trumpet from either RIGHT 1,2 or 3.
We reserve the 4th port for our metronome/click track when needed for the drummer.
My problem is that when we set these ports for a particular number and save the settings to the REGISTRATION section it seems to be a global setting rather than storing a separate setting for each song.
I can work with GLOBAL by thinking outside the box which hurts my brain at 76 years old but there must be a way of storing the port settings individually and differently for each song stored in REGISTRATION as it works for everything else in the keyboard.
Is it possible that there is a setting somewhere that i have missed, as a YAMAHA technician - (brilliant help desk by the way) - claims that he was able to set it up on his keyboard whilst on the phone to me but couldn't answer this particular problem at the time.
Over to you very helpful and clever techy types in the hopes that we can sort this problem.