Author Topic: Start up selected voices on SX900  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Elia

Start up selected voices on SX900
« on: April 05, 2024, 07:02:03 AM »
Hi!
I have noticed that my PSR SX900 changed the default start up left hand voice to "VintageBass" and the left hand voice started to turn ON every time by default I turn on the keyboard. I remember this voice being different on startup.
How do I generally change the default voices for the time when the arranger starts up?
I know the method of making a "startup registration" and it's good. But what I would really like is to just turn the keyboard on, have "Rock Piano" as 1st Right voice and have "Left" voice deselected, so I can immediately start practicing.
I thought it was impossible until I somehow managed to change the left hand default voice. So there must be a method of changing these defaults, but I'm clueless how to do it.

Offline ton37

Re: Start up selected voices on SX900
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 07:43:44 AM »
Hi, sometimes the SX900 will open with the last setting you turned it off.
But don't you make it too complicated? Press once to turn it on and press once on your start register... ready to play... how hard do you want it? ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Elia

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 09:43:35 AM »
Hi, sometimes the SX900 will open with the last setting you turned it off.
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out: what exactly triggers this "sometimes"?
I do like everyone does - just have a registration I use for practicing and press Registration #1 right after the arranger boots up. I wouldn't ask if I knew this was the only way to have custom startup defaults.
It would be nice to know how exactly does it change its default voices, like it happened in my case? How do I trigger it deliberately?
Thank you.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 11:20:37 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Elia!

Current Yamaha arranger keyboards always have the same Voice settings immediately after starting, and ACMP is off. These start settings cannot be changed by the user. However, the keyboard remembers the last loaded registration bank and loads it again the next time it is started. However, no registration (buttons 1 - 8⁣) is loaded from this bank yet.

If you want to press only one button to load your preferred settings after turning the keyboard on, you would have to make sure that your preferred registration bank is loaded before turning it off.

By the way, please note that the STYLE checkbox must be ticked to memorize the LEFT Voice settings in a registration. If only the VOICE checkbox is ticked, only the RIGHT Voice settings are memorized, i.e. the current LEFT Voice settings (including the PART ON/OFF status) would then not be changed by that registration.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 11:26:27 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 01:05:31 PM »
Sounds to me like the OP is saying an initial voice *IS* being selected, somehow, on startup - and is wondering how on earth this happened, given that it usually does not.