Author Topic: EQ/CMP settings for SX900 and Stagepas 400 p/a.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline tyrosguy85

EQ/CMP settings for SX900 and Stagepas 400 p/a.
« on: April 02, 2024, 02:33:10 PM »
Hi all,
I currently use my SX900 through a single Bose L1s with B1 p/a system which sounds very good, However I do miss the stereo sound.
I tried my stagepas with my SX900 a few times but people could tell the difference with the depth of sound. Just wondered what others who use this set up have the keyboard and p/a mixer settings set too. My stagepas was bought as a back up in case my Bose goes wrong!
Many thanks
John.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 07:58:45 PM by tyrosguy85 »

Offline J. Larry

Re: EQ/CMP settings for SX900 and Stagepas 400 p/a.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 04:23:43 PM »
I’ve not tried the stagepas system; however, I always play in stereo with the SX900.  I run the outputs to a small external mixer, then, to a PreSonus Eris 8 sub, then, to a pair of QSC powered speakers.  I EQ things via the mixer, not so much in the arranger.  There’s more sound, fullness, bass, or whatever, than I’ll ever use or need.

The following users thanked this post: tyrosguy85

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 07:19:43 PM »
Hi John --

Just curious, which model Bose. That would help point us toward the right appropriate level of capability.

My old Yamaha MSR100 is still my favorite in terms of quality of sound. That old class AB analog amplifier sounds better to me than class D amps and their zillions of Watts. The MSR100 isn't the loudest, is similar to the older Stagepas and is discontinued. Strike 3. :)

I'm using a small Stagepas100BTR -- mostly at home. It's appropriate only for the smallest of venues. To me, it sounds clean. Might pick up a second one for stereo. Very light at 5.5kg and battery-powered. I could see taking two to a gig.

Hope these comments help -- pj

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 07:37:34 PM »
I never required stereo, mainly because your audiences cannot hear it for the most part, and I primarily played to audiences ranging from as few as a dozen ppl, to more than 1,000 ppl. Keep in mind that even with a live band, the audience gets mono - not stereo.

Now, if you, personally, wish to hear stereo, just use the onboard speakers, or high quality headphones.

When I was performing to larger audiences, I frequently used a pair of Bose L1 Compacts, and prior to that a pair or Barbetta Sona 32SC PA speakers. When I switched to the Bose L1 PAS system, which was the forerunner of the Bose L1 Compact, I no longer had stereo, however, I had a great 10-inch, 250-watt sub, plus 24 speakers on a 7-foot column. I had virtually no fall-off at 100 feet, far cleaner, crisper sounds, and everyone in the audience could hear the same volume and quality, regardless of where they were positioned in the venue, something that you cannot do with conventional sound systems.

Your best bet would be to add a second Bose L1 Compact to the setup. Your audiences will love what they hear.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, tyrosguy85

Offline tyrosguy85

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 07:56:19 PM »
Hi pjd,
I use the Bose L1s with B1 bass speaker.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 05:22:04 PM »
Hi all,
I currently use my SX900 through a single Bose L1s with B1 p/a system which sounds very good, However I do miss the stereo sound.
I tried my stagepas with my SX900 a few times but people could tell the difference with the depth of sound. Just wondered what others who use this set up have the keyboard and p/a mixer settings set too. My stagepas was bought as a back up in case my Bose goes wrong!
Many thanks
John.

Hello
I only like playing with two speakers (stereo). It's another sound. Even the DSP, Delay, Chorus and microphone VH effects sound better, because they were made to work in stereo mode. But using it in "mono" mode it also has a good sound, but I feel like something is missing.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Denn

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 01:52:18 PM »
I use my StagePa 300 all the time. At home I turn the EQ down but at a gig I up the EQ and the Comp. Blasts the place apart if I am not careful. Always play in stereo with the speakers turned out slightly so as not to create a dead zone. Used with my Tyros 4 and my SX700. Great, I like it.  :)
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls