Author Topic: Saving Pack Styles and Voices  (Read 521 times)

Offline rattley

Saving Pack Styles and Voices
« on: April 02, 2024, 06:29:21 AM »
Hello,

When playing an expansion style I see the only option I have is to save it. I can't copy or paste.  So I saved it to a different folder. I played it and it seems fine. If there are exclusive expansion voices are those included in the style I saved?  Can another Yamaha player use them if they don't have a Genos2?

When using YEM I remember seeing these exclusive voices. It would be nice to save those voices for the future when you may not have similar gear.

Thanks.  -charley

Offline Bill

Re: Saving Pack Styles and Voices
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 07:22:31 AM »
Hello,

1:  When playing an expansion style I see the only option I have is to save it. I can't copy or paste.  So I saved it to a different folder. I played it and it seems fine. If there are exclusive expansion voices are those included in the style I saved? 
2:  Can another Yamaha player use them if they don't have a Genos2?

3:  When using YEM I remember seeing these exclusive voices. It would be nice to save those voices for the future when you may not have similar gear.

Thanks.  -charley

Hi Charley

1:  You can use the Yamaha Musicsoft Program to copy multiple styles. But the style doea not contain any voices, only links to where they are.
2:  Someone else can use them BUT without the Voice packs they will not sound the same.
3:  You cannot copy voices over to something else.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 07:44:40 AM »
Hello,

When playing an expansion style I see the only option I have is to save it. I can't copy or paste.  So I saved it to a different folder. I played it and it seems fine. If there are exclusive expansion voices are those included in the style I saved?  Can another Yamaha player use them if they don't have a Genos2?

When using YEM I remember seeing these exclusive voices. It would be nice to save those voices for the future when you may not have similar gear.

Thanks.  -charley

Hi Charley,

You can use USB Storage Mode to access the Genos/Genos2 User drive from the computer. This way, if necessary, you can copy several styles from the Expansion folder at the same time (e.g. to the computer or to a USB stick).

To access/play Expansion Voices (installed with YEM) directly on the keyboard, open the Voice Selection display for the desired part (e.g. Right1), then go to "User > Expansion" and open the folder with the name of the desired pack.

Note: If a Style uses installed Expansion Voices (in Style parts or in its OTS), it will not sound as intended on another keyboard that does not have that Expansion Pack installed.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rattley

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 12:36:27 AM »
Thank you!