Author Topic: Updated Genos1 styles  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Luluc

Updated Genos1 styles
« on: November 24, 2023, 07:57:11 AM »
Hi all,

The new Genos2 offers 250 new styles playable only on the Genos2.
In the Genos2 release, Genos1 styles have been updated.

For the Genos1, is it wortwhile to stop using on-board Genos1 styles and to use the updated ones ?
As far I understand, updated styles should not require specific Genos2  voices/drumsets/FX.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:04:13 AM by Luluc »
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Danny1972

Re: Updated Genos1 styles
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 08:42:45 AM »
Hi Luluc,

From my experience, factory styles would usually only sound authentic and correct for the instrument it was designed for, even if they also feature in other models. For example, even if all the tracks are present, the effects may differ or may not even be present in the instrument (like in the case of G1 vs G2 effects), which would alter it's intended sound.

So to answer your question, I would probably stick with using the Genos1 version of the style even if its present in Genos2 because there will always be some differences and you would almost always need to tweak it which I would find pointless if you already have the same style in the G1.

Hope this makes sense.
Danny.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 08:51:48 AM »
I would expect that reworked versions of the G1 styles for G2 would not work as well on G1 as the original versions.

The G2 versions of those styles will be using new voices, new effects and new drum kits. For example they will be using the REV reverbs, so when you load the G2 style onto G1 it would have no reverb.
Genos

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 06:17:07 PM »

I agree -- probably not worth the effort. -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny