Author Topic: Midi to Style prog  (Read 887 times)

Offline maarkr

Midi to Style prog
« on: November 18, 2023, 10:26:06 PM »
I've seen some discussion on taking a midi file and parsing it out to a style file with the different variations and pre/post fills.   I'd like to do that and have seen some programs that can do it... does someone (preferably using a SX900) have a favorite program that they use? I would prefer an easier program over one with many complicated features.
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Re: Midi to Style prog
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 10:44:26 PM »
I've seen some discussion on taking a midi file and parsing it out to a style file with the different variations and pre/post fills.   I'd like to do that and have seen some programs that can do it... does someone (preferably using a SX900) have a favorite program that they use? I would prefer an easier program over one with many complicated features.

The is a new program from Yamaha and it is very easy to use

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 11:31:02 PM »
Hi Gene,

Here's a link to Yamaha's new "Midi Song to Style Application" instructional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfPbMFM5wo

Here's another link to the "Midi Song to Style Application" forum board, where you will find discussions on this new software.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,96.0.html

"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: maarkr

Offline maarkr

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 12:51:34 AM »
Awesome... got the file, imported some midi, loaded my SX900 file... tomorrow I'll hook it up to my computer and get that connected.  This closed up a big gap in my learning.  I should be able to tweak the midi files in my Studio One DAW to fix what I don't like.
Edit:  Studio One cannot export midi files in MIDI 1 format (separate tracks). I opened midi files in Reaper and it exports properly.  Then I read about the detailed edit in the M2S program where it allows you to change the instrument after importing the instrument file.

The way the M2S program assigns fills and variations is not very accurate.  It will take a bit of patience to properly tag the song parts in downloaded midi files.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 02:21:35 AM by maarkr »
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.