Author Topic: I cannot access PSRTutorial.com anymore (403 forbidden) [SOLVED]  (Read 1554 times)

Offline maartenb

I cannot access PSRTutorial.com anymore (403 forbidden) [SOLVED]
« on: November 13, 2023, 07:57:19 PM »
Dear moderators.

Since three days (Saturday) I cannot access this forum anymore.

I get this error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

First I thought the site was down, but a friend told me he could use the forum without problem. I had to use a VPN to be able to post this.

I don't know what's going on. Could you please help me?

Or, if you don't like my posts, just say so?  ;)

Maarten
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 08:46:18 AM by maartenb »

Offline mikf

Re: I cannot access PSRTutorial.com anymore (403 forbidden)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:09:03 PM »
I’m sure Roger will look into this.
Mike

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 08:14:29 PM »
Hoi @Maarten,

Generally, check these things:
  • you're sure the internet addresses are correct
    you've cleared browser cookies and cache
    you've disabled any VPN you might be running, or (indeed) the KPN Malware filter

If all these things are in order, and you still can't access one or more websites, check if you can access them through mobile data. If the errors also show on mobile, the fault is most likely with the website itself.
Then it is in hands of te Operators ... as you have asked.  ;)
PS. Here it is working without problems
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:17:37 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 08:19:31 PM »
Have you been a naughty Boy!!! ;D ::) Only joking!! :P

Just contact Roger Breznier and he will sort it for you

I had this problem last month and he sorted it out.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 08:22:20 PM »
Hi Maarten,

The reason for this problem is easy to explain:

For some reason, your current public IP address has been blacklisted by the forum server. This can happen, for example, if you mistyped the login password several times. (Happened to me too ... ;) )

This will currently display the "403 Forbidden Error" page if you try to access psrtutorial.com via this IP.

Please contact the forum admin, Roger Brenizer, via PM (private message) by clicking on the following link and tell him your current public IP.
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=25862

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 08:52:20 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Online Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 08:24:49 PM »
I had this issue 12 months ago after using a hotels' wifi whilst travelling.. Unfortunately they are not the best with online security.

Roger will help you.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:53:36 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 11:04:35 PM »
This has happened to me, I think it was because I was using a vpn
I now turn off my vpn to access psr tutorial
I also turn it off for a few other things I do that seem to get blocked when it is on
Strange thing the banks don’t seem to mind me using a vpn
I use Nord VPN
Adrian

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 03:22:50 AM »
Just recently, I have noticed this forum is very slow to load. I've been on it for years and it has always been very quick. My modem and internet speeds are healthy at 980 Mbps with no VPN. All of a sudden this started happening. All my other internet activity runs up to speed. Just this forum. Weird...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 05:21:29 AM »
Just recently, I have noticed this forum is very slow to load. I've been on it for years and it has always been very quick. My modem and internet speeds are healthy at 980 Mbps with no VPN. All of a sudden this started happening. All my other internet activity runs up to speed. Just this forum. Weird...

The slow speed is being caused by increased spammer activity, which I'm blocking, and increased member and guest activity. This has happened in the past and is due to the anticipation of Yamaha's latest arranger keyboard release.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 07:19:15 AM »
You can find your public IP under Windows by pressing "Windows key + R" to open the "Run" dialog. There, type “cmd” and press “Enter” to bring up the command prompt. Here you enter “ipconfig” and press “Enter”. If necessary, scroll back up a little. The first IPv4 address (above "Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0" is your public IP.
This only applies if your machine is directly connected to the internet. When connected using a router or a gateway, like most people are, this method will only yield the IP address that your router's DHCP server assigned to your machine, e.g. 192.168.1.x or 192.168.178.x etc.When you want to know your external IP address, you could check that in the admin pages of your router, or google "what is my ip" and use one of those websites.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline maartenb

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 08:00:08 AM »
Thank you all for your help!

I used whatismyip.com without VPN to find my public Internet IP address.

Then I used VPN to access this site and send Roger a PM with that IP address (and to post this).

Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Maarten

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2023, 08:34:20 AM »
Thank you all for your help!

I used whatismyip.com without VPN to find my public Internet IP address.

Then I used VPN to access this site and send Roger a PM with that IP address (and to post this).

Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

I just replied to your private message in detail. You can disable your VPN now. The issue has been resolved. :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: maartenb

Offline maartenb

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2023, 08:45:56 AM »
Works like a charm, Roger. Thanks for your ultra fast action!

Maarten

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 08:56:25 AM »
You can find your public IP under Windows by pressing "Windows key + R" to open the "Run" dialog. There, type “cmd” and press “Enter” to bring up the command prompt. Here you enter “ipconfig” and press “Enter”. If necessary, scroll back up a little. The first IPv4 address (above "Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0" is your public IP.

This only applies if your machine is directly connected to the internet. When connected using a router or a gateway, like most people are, this method will only yield the IP address that your router's DHCP server assigned to your machine, e.g. 192.168.1.x or 192.168.178.x etc.When you want to know your external IP address, you could check that in the admin pages of your router, or google "what is my ip" and use one of those websites.

Thanks Robert, you are correct! I have edited my post above. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:00:06 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Re: I cannot access PSRTutorial.com anymore (403 forbidden) [SOLVED]
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 10:59:56 AM »
Will the https login and session length issues ever be addressed (or am I the only one having these issues) ?

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 01:22:27 PM »
The slow speed is being caused by increased spammer activity, which I'm blocking, and increased member and guest activity. This has happened in the past and is due to the anticipation of Yamaha's latest arranger keyboard release.
Thanks Roger. It's nice to know there's nothing wrong ;). Keep up the great work!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.