Author Topic: ChatGPT and the GENOS  (Read 1126 times)

Offline kbrkr

ChatGPT and the GENOS
« on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:31 PM »
Just for kicks, I asked ChatGPT how to change the startup registration on the Genos keyboard, and lo and behold, it came back with an answer.   This got me to thinking of more and more users used ChatGPT for their support questions, it would get smarter and smarter and then we would have AI online support and manual services!!!   

Here is the session I had with the ChatGPT:

ME: how do you change the startup registration on a Yamaha Genos?

ChatGPT:

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I can provide you with general guidance on how to change the startup registration on a Yamaha Genos keyboard. Please note that the exact steps or user interface may have changed since then, so I recommend referring to the latest version of the Yamaha Genos owner's manual or contacting Yamaha customer support for the most up-to-date instructions.

Here's a general outline of how you might change the startup registration on a Yamaha Genos:

Access the Registration Memory: Press the "Registration Memory" button on the Genos keyboard to access the registration memory settings.

Select the Startup Registration: Use the buttons, knobs, or touchscreen to select the registration bank or preset that you want to set as the startup registration. The registration memory usually consists of different banks with different settings you can save.

Save as Startup: Once you have selected the desired registration bank or preset, there should be an option to save it as the startup registration. This option might be labeled as "Set as Startup," "Startup Registration," or something similar. Confirm your choice.

Restart the Keyboard: After setting the startup registration, you may need to restart or power cycle the keyboard for the changes to take effect. This might involve turning the keyboard off and then back on.

Verify the Startup Registration: Once the keyboard has restarted, check if the chosen registration bank or preset is now loaded automatically when you turn on the Yamaha Genos.

Remember that the exact steps and terminology might vary, so it's important to consult your Yamaha Genos owner's manual for precise instructions based on the version of the Genos you have. If there have been any software updates or changes to the user interface since my last update, the manual or Yamaha support should provide the most accurate guidance.

Offline EileenL

Re: ChatGPT and the GENOS
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 11:37:52 PM »
Genos when switched on will always load the bank you were using when you switched off. This may not be your start up bank.

Offline pjd

Re: ChatGPT and the GENOS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 06:22:44 PM »
This got me to thinking of more and more users used ChatGPT for their support questions, it would get smarter and smarter and then we would have AI online support and manual services!!!   

Interesting experiment. Thanks!

Unfortunately, this isn't the way ChatGPT "gets smarter." No matter how many people use ChatGPT, the program (model) will not produce better or more extensive answers.

That's because ChatGPT is trained on text which is collected from the Web, AKA "scraped". When ChatGPT gets a prompt (i.e., a question), it writes a response based upon the scraped information. If the scraped information is wrong to begin with, ChatGPT will be wrong, too. ChatGPT does not have "common sense" or the ability to understand and reason.

The reason why you got a reasonable reply is because the training data contained a response -- wait for it -- written by a knowledgeable user -- perhaps even a post on this Forum!

Now you know why artists are up in arms about AI techies scraping their work from the web without compensation.

All the the best -- pj
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 06:24:39 PM by pjd »