Author Topic: Selecting harmony button effects  (Read 925 times)

Offline Dupe

Selecting harmony button effects
« on: April 18, 2023, 01:33:53 PM »
I've had my SX700 for a few months now, and very satisfied with its performance. However, I'm still very much a novice, when it comes to using its many features. Having only two fingers on my right hand to play with, and restricted wrist movement, I always use the voice effect > (harmony/arpeggio) button, it adds more depth, richness, and fulness to my right-hand playing, especially on piano pieces. Works well when playing with styles of course, but when I just want to play without styles, using just the keyboard for practice or solo piano playing, the voice effect button is then lost. My question is can the voice effect be reinstated somehow without styles being selected?
Hope this makes sense.

Offline DerekA

Re: Selecting harmony button effects
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 01:43:50 PM »
The harmony effect relies on a chord being specified by the left hand (within the 'chord detection area').

You don't have to have a style running, or even have its volume up, but you do need to tell the keyboard what chord to harmonize to.

For example, you could set the bottom octave to be the chord detection area, with single finger chord detection, and switch off all the style channels. Don't start the style, but do switch on ACMP. Then with your left hand you could press just the key(s) to indicate the chord you wanted, and the right hand notes would generate the harmony.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Dupe

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 03:01:55 PM »
Hi Dupe,

You can use Keyboard Harmony either when ACMP is ON (Left Part on or off) or when ACMP is OFF but Left Part is ON. Please also refer to pages 50/51 in the SX700 Owner's Manual.

By the way, for important information about making Detailed Settings for Keyboard Harmony see pages 44/45 of the SX700 Reference Manual.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dupe

Offline Dupe

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 05:14:37 PM »
Hi Chris and DerekA, thank you both for your prompt replies, I’ll try out your suggestions.
Kind Regards Dupe  :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:16:29 PM by Dupe »