Author Topic: How to Listen to Expansion Pack Contents before adding them to install file?  (Read 1019 times)

pboman

Newby here.  I have downloaded all the Yamaha expansion packs for the PSR-SX900 but they are too large to include in one install file in YEM.  Is there a way for me to listen to each of the voices or sounds included in each expansion pack to unselect those I don't need when making an combined install file?  Is there a way to listen to all of the contents of an expansion pack before exporting everything in an install file?  Please advise.

Offline danand

As far as I know, there is no way to preview the Yamaha expansion packs.
All the sounds are "locked" so you can't open them for edit inside YEM in order to preview them.
You can export only the styles in order to "preview" them (the installation file will be very small) but most styles from Yamaha expansion packs include sounds form the pack so... even if you try to "preview" them, you will hear the without important sound elements...

So, as far as know, the answer is NO, you can't preview expansion packs for Yamaha.
You have to install them one by one, select the sounds and styles who are valuable for your music and then create a "mixed - personal - best of" expansion pack including only sound and styles useful for your music.

On the other hand, many 3rd party expansion packs contain "unlocked sounds" so if you double click the sound name on YEM, you enter the "edit mode" and there you can "preview" the sound, but this is not possible on Yamaha expansion packs.

Offline Enildo

Newby here.  I have downloaded all the Yamaha expansion packs for the PSR-SX900 but they are too large to include in one install file in YEM.  Is there a way for me to listen to each of the voices or sounds included in each expansion pack to unselect those I don't need when making an combined install file?  Is there a way to listen to all of the contents of an expansion pack before exporting everything in an install file?  Please advise.

The best way to listen is to install and listen on the keyboard itself, as many as you can, and immediately delete what you don't want on the YEM.
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Joe H

The best way to listen is to install and listen on the keyboard itself, as many as you can, and immediately delete what you don't want on the YEM.

I agree, I'm doing that with my S970.  I'm using all the pack memory on my keyboard, so I'm eliminating Voices I don't want in some of the packs so I can load as many packs with useful Voices as I can.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html