Author Topic: Genos 2.0 Update  (Read 2213 times)

Lloyd E

Genos 2.0 Update
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:22:26 PM »
  I installed the 2.0 update without first reading the instructions. (Installed the old way by download the update and installing) Now I cannot load new styles etc. into the Genos. Is there a way to start over?
This update is confusing. Why did Yamaha not give full instructions on how to do the install before download the main update. I bet lot's of people are having problems with this download.   Lloyd

Offline Toril S

Re: Genos 2.0 Update
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:04:43 PM »
Yes, we had! This was not easy!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 07:06:37 PM »
  I installed the 2.0 update without first reading the instructions. (Installed the old way by download the update and installing) Now I cannot load new styles etc. into the Genos. Is there a way to start over?
This update is confusing. Why did Yamaha not give full instructions on how to do the install before download the main update. I bet lot's of people are having problems with this download.   Lloyd

I thought the instructions were clear. In fact, this update was done the same as any other. Other than the big difference being all settings were reset to factory default, of course. But that took me only 5 minutes to fix.

Nothing in the update affects the loading of styles. You need to give us more information when you say "cannot load new styles".

But to answer your question, yes you can go back to 1.41, but it would be the very same update process.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »
I have to confirm Fred:

The update was installed like any other update. No effect on installed expansions or styles.

And the superior expansion pack was installed like any other expansion pack. There is nothing special with this expansion pack, nothing related to the update. When someone has never installed an expansion pack before, this is new to him, but has nothing to do with the version update.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D