Author Topic: Song transpose KEY doesn't show on display?  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Dnj

Song transpose KEY doesn't show on display?
« on: November 14, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
Song transpose KEY doesn't show on DISPLAY? can you change this in settings somehow?....I know al my psr units show it..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:02:27 PM by Dnj »

Offline Dnj

Re: Song transpose KEY doesn't show on display?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
Am I the only one that notices this missing or?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
Donny, after you transpose, does the display show the transposition of the chord you are playing. I don't have the manual, so I have way to look this up. For example, if you transpose up 2 half steps and play a C chord, does the display still show a C chord or does it display a D chord.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
If talking about chord visible when play in style mode, it's the fingered chord that's to see in tha same 'window' as the stylename shows in the startscreen.
If you play C chord, it shows C, if transpose, it still shows the actual fingered chord.
Steps transposed +/- shows in upper right corner when look at startscreen. (Home)

What happens if play midifiles I don't know, as I rarely plays any, but I think tah is visible in score mode.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:04:42 PM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »
Yamaha keyboards have always shown the chords being played so if a Chord is played it will show this in the style window even with the transpose set up or down. You will see what transpose you have used at the top of the screen such as +1 or -1. When playing  back midi recording you will then see the key you recorded in.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »
Song transpose KEY doesn't show on DISPLAY? can you change this in settings somehow?....I know al my psr units show it..

Hi Dnj,

starting with Firmware version 1.40, the Transposition of "Keyboard" and "Song" is displayed in the top right corner of the Genos HOME display. (Unfortunately, the MASTER Transpose value is NOT shown there, so far. :()

The currently played Chord is displayed in the "orange" Style section of the HOME display.

You can also assign the "Transpose" function to the "Home Shortcuts" area (at the bottom of the HOME display).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:54:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dnj

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »
Chris good info....

How do you assign the transpose shortcut to home screen as shown in your picture please?..

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
How do you assign the transpose shortcut to home screen as shown in your picture please?..

Go to Menu, Assignable.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Dnj

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 04:16:31 PM »
Go to Menu, Assignable.

Fred again thank you sir...appreciated ..

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »
... starting with Firmware version 1.40, the Transposition of "Keyboard" and "Song" is displayed in the top right corner of the Genos HOME display. (Unfortunately, the MASTER Transpose value is NOT shown there, so far. :()...

Hi Dnj,

I have to correct me in that point:

The LEFT icon in the top right corner of the Home display shows the UPPER OCTAVE value (-1, 0, +1). The second icon in the top right corner shows the Transpose value of "Keyboard" OR "Song" OR "Master" (same as shown on the Transpose button assigned to the "Home Shortcuts") .

So, to see all three Transpose values (Keyboard, Song and Master), you must touch this Transpose button on the Home display.

I do not understand why the Home display does not show ALL THREE Transpose values ​​at the same time. This should be changed in my opinion with the next update. (In my case, it's all about being able to "see at a glance" that really ALL Transpose values ​​are set to ZERO, because I never  transpose the keyboard.)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:47:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dnj

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 05:49:10 PM »
Thank you for all the help everyone I now see the transpose in top right corner of display.