Author Topic: v1.4 installation register: please, contribute  (Read 2988 times)

Offline EB5AGV

v1.4 installation register: please, contribute
« on: July 06, 2019, 07:17:46 AM »
I think we can do something to help to determine if this is a matter of hardware differences issue. We need to find the serial numbers of the units which are unable to get v1.4 installed and also the ones on which have worked flawlessly, so we could find a range of serial numbers with problems. That will be a very useful information for Yamaha to find out what is happening (I hope someone here has a direct way to get that info to them, once it is compiled)

I have no problem on sharing my unit serial, which is Genos E Ser No. EEY101285 on which I installed v1.4 without problem at first attempt.

Please, note that there could be localized versions for the Genos (as mine is Genos E, I guess from 'Europe'). But I am sure we can find a pattern if there are enough contributions.

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

beykock

Re: v1.4 installation register: please, contribute
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:44:14 AM »
Hi Jose :

IMHO : Keep it simple !😉

01.You ( or some other Genos owner) should first contact Yamaha and explain them the problem.
02. Let Yamaha tell you which information they need to analyse and/or solve this problem.

But ... who am I ? 🐵

Best wishes, Babette

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:52:44 AM by beykock »

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
Hi Jose :

IMHO : Keep it simple !😉

01.You ( or some other Genos owner) should first contact Yamaha and explain them the problem.
02. Let Yamaha tell you which information they need to analyse and/or solve this problem.

But ... who am I ? 🐵

Best wishes, Babette

I just try to help, the way I think could be most effective.

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Alfred59

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
Hi Babette, I contacted Yamaha uk. They have no knowledge of the problem. After convincing them I’d carried out the correct procedure they asked me to send them  a usb and they would return it with their downloaded version of 1.4. I sent them a usb.  So far I’ve had no response.
Not impressed, that was over a week ago.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 10:24:51 PM »
This reminds of the button problem that was on the S770 and S970 when they first came out. It took months for Yamaha to accept there was a problem because not all keyboards had the button problem.  A manager at Yamaha started documenting serial numbers to determine where the keyboards with the button problem were manufactured.

Then there was a firmware update that fixed the problem.  Another problem with the S970 was/still is... if we are removing or adding a second USB drive, the keyboard will stop recognizing the Multi Pads assign to OTS. It requires a power-off and turning the keyboard back on to get the keyboard working properly again.

Yamaha thought they fixed this second problem, but it still exists on my keyboard.

So... some bugs are difficult to trap and fix.  It's the nature of software code.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 10:41:41 PM »
I think there are only around half a dozen owners with this problem and now read that doing a full factory reset has worked for a couple who have tried it.

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:46:59 PM »
OK, so life goes on  :)

Jose
Jose Gavila

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM »
A life reset :) I think a full factory reset is a good idea, BUT REMEMBER TO BACK UP ALL YOUR WORK!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page