Author Topic: Hi from Liverpool UK  (Read 396 times)

Offline lvjlm02

Hi from Liverpool UK
« on: May 05, 2024, 02:59:07 PM »
Thanks admin for allowing me to join,
I have just received my brand new Genos 2 after a couple of years of saving and convincing my wife.
So on a bit of a learning curve  at the moment at 63 years of age.
I will have a read through some of the comments and hopefully pick up a few things along the way.
Will have to start from scratch to learn the chords etc although I can slowly read a bit of music and manage to make a tune of two, mainly by ear.
regards
John

Offline DrakeM

Re: Hi from Liverpool UK
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 03:14:11 PM »
Hello John

Welcome to the best Yamaha Keyboard forum on the internet. If you got questions, post them here and get an answer PDQ.

You might also like to visit our HOW TO section with a lot of lessons about using your keyboard here.:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

Regards
Drake

Offline lvjlm02

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 06:20:12 PM »
Thanks  Drake

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 07:19:32 PM »
As a beginner you should concentrate on learning to play. Don’t get caught up in feature fever on the Genos, which is easy to do, because it can do so much. At this stage all you need to know is how to select a chord finger mode, how to select a style and voices, and then just learn to play, and read simple lead sheets. Don’t worry about registrations, effects, recording etc etc.
Consider a beginner keyboard and music course. You spent a lot on the keyboard, now spend a bit on learning to play so you get value from it.
Mike
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 07:21:49 PM by mikf »

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 07:35:17 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, John!

Enjoy you new Genos2!

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 07:57:27 PM »
Hello,

Welcome to the best resource of Yamaha Arranger Keyboards.
I'm from Brazil, and I'm a performer on this website.
I invite you to watch my videos at my YT channel or PSR Performer page - the links are below my name.

Nice to meet you.
Best wishes,

Pedro Eleuterio

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 04:01:22 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your new Genos2 keyboard here on our forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 112,466 song titles in 2,973 indexed books. Due to health issues, this resource is no longer updated; however, this remains an excellent source of information.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline donmac875

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 06:58:32 PM »
Hi from Florida in the USA. Welcome to a great forum. Plenty of experience and lots of willingness to be of assistance. Enjoy yourself with your new Genos 2 and don't be afraid of asking questions. Keep in mind... most of the dumb questions are those that haven't been asked.

Don
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 01:09:17 PM by overover »

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 08:01:40 AM »
Welcome from another UK member John.  :)

Keith
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2024, 08:25:54 PM »
Welcome to the best forum for Genos2/PSR keyboards anywhere. You are in the company of players and helpers who are compassionate, sincere, encouraging, ready to assist, non-judgmental on any question or concern.......GEESH, they sound like my late mother (getting teary eyed now), gotta go!. ;)