PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > Earlier Models like PSR-9000/PSR-740

PSR5700 style format - how can I read from floppy ?

(1/5) > >>

PSR5700:
Hello everyone

I have a PSR5700 keyboard and I whant to use diferent style`s on this keyboard,style`s that I intend to load it from floppy

I have a few problems
1 If I format the floppy on the keyboard , my PC those not recognize it any more
2 I do not know the style format that is recognized by PSR5700

Please help me !

I need you help !

Thank you
Aky

aprilla:
If you format on the PC does the 5700 recognise it? I have a good few floppies I used on my 5700 way back (I still miss it) and I'll see if I can find them. I do know I joined here back when the 5700 was new and got a CD with loads that did work on it so you will probably find styles here that will work. I do believe they were .sty files.

There is a difference between the actual floppy formats too, are you sure you have the right type? Either HD or HDD My 5700 floppies are blue with no indication of what type they are  :-\ there isn't even a brand on them lol   THe manual or website should tell you. I have no floppy drive now to even try to find out, but also have no need of the collection anymore either - where are you? PM is OK

PSR5700:
Thank you for helping me.

My problem is that I can not copy style`s from PC to keyboard and from keyboard to PC.

Also I do not know the right format.

Please help me if you can

Thank you very much

aprilla:
First make sure that the actual floppy disc you are trying to use is Double Density type, if it isn't you aren't going to get anywhere.... the box might say something like HD or HDD, you need HDD.

from the yamaha website, PSR5700 specs = Disk Drive 3.5" double- density floppy disk drive

Bill Grosse:
Unfortunately, there is the possibility that one or both of your Floppy drives is no longer in proper alignment.
This happens to most floppy drives over time and the only cure is to replace the floppy drive.
It could be one or both of your floppies only need a good cleaning - I have not seen a cleaning disk in some time, but
they used to be available from Office Depot.

Usually, you can write and read a floppy on the same drive, even if it is out of alignment, but a
floppy written on a bad drive can not be read by a good drive.

Bill G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version