Author Topic: Assignable Buttons 1, 2, 3, Lost Assignment!!  (Read 1069 times)

Offline rattley

Assignable Buttons 1, 2, 3, Lost Assignment!!
« on: May 26, 2024, 06:14:15 AM »
Hello,

Last night while playing with a bunch of saved registrations I later discovered my Assignable 1, 2, 3, buttons were blank. Is there anyway to "lock" those settings. I've only seen this change since using registrations, never when just using styles.  I assigned Button 3 to do harmony. Buttons 1 and 2 were whatever was default since it was born. Does anyone remember what those defaults were?  The other assignable buttons A thru F were never affected. Thanks.  -charley

Offline Bill

Re: Assignable Buttons 1, 2, 3, Lost Assignment!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 06:41:48 AM »
Hi Charlie

I have attached the original setup below.

https://app.box.com/s/ct1xlk3detv5nh5233rkvxuomu23fufv

You will need to go into parameter lock and make sure assignable buttons is ticked, then use registration freeze.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: rattley

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 12:54:23 PM »
It is also a good idea to create one registration where the assignable buttons are saved and that you can use to restore your preferences if needed.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 01:52:04 PM »
Your registrations did what they were told to do — set the assignments. If you don’t want that to happen, you need to re-memorize the "offending" registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline rattley

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 12:18:45 AM »
Greetings friends!!

Thanks for your replies. Anyone who knows me here also knows I have never embraced registration files. I understand their purpose but still prefer just using style files. Maybe if I gigged I would use them more often. Many of the old timers here have held my hand several times over the years with this very topic.

Thank you Bill for that default registration file. I will keep it handy and use it as needed. Johan suggested I create a registration that would save my defaults. All good ideas.

A while ago I downloaded a Genos2 registration. (playlist?) It has 1600 entries made for Genos2 by Yamaha. These entries really showcase Genos2's styles and voices. I like how the registration buttons are set up to go thru the variations. No surprises and I know this registration didn't alter any other settings. Am I correct assuming that the registrations I make cannot be used by another user unless they have the correct voices??  Somebody posted earlier this week that Genos2 or other arrangers will "substitute" a similar style or voice if the correct one is not available. I can see this working for voices, but did not know styles would be substituted too. If this is true, is there a way to prioritize which styles or voices should be substituted first??

Lately it seems that everything new and different to me leads to even more questions. I am so grateful and appreciate all the knowledge this forum offers me. Thanks.  -charley

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2024, 03:27:06 PM »
Genos2 registrations can only be loaded into Genos2 keyboards unless a convert programme is used. Remember Yamaha keyboards will go forwards but not backwards
Eileen
font]