Author Topic: styles and registrations  (Read 923 times)

Offline john1509

styles and registrations
« on: May 24, 2024, 02:34:06 PM »
hello everyone  can someone help me I have been learning the keyboard just over 12 month. but my question is Iv seen on you tube  videos that people change there styles or registrations with there feet. what I would like to know how its done. I have a sustain pedal that i use. for just sustain. is there another device that I can use to  or what is other people using to do this  thanks

Offline SciNote

Re: styles and registrations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 02:45:10 PM »
Your keyboard would need to have this option built in.  It could be in the form of a pedal jack on the keyboard that can be set for different functions, and the ability to advance through a list of registrations with each press of the pedal would need to be one of those selectable functions.  If your keyboard does have this function, then your sustain pedal may or may not work with it.  You would need to check the owner's manual of the keyboard to see what pedals are compatible with it.

Let us know what keyboard you have, and one of us may be able to tell you if it has this function.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline john1509

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 02:47:19 PM »
hi thanks for the quick reply keyboard is Yamaha sx700

Offline SciNote

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 02:58:43 PM »
I took a quick look at the manual and reference guide online, and it looks like your keyboard does have this capability.  However, I have no direct experience with the SX700.  But there are people on this site with this keyboard, and they should be able to give you more detail on how it works and what pedals would be compatible.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Online Duurduur

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 03:39:57 PM »
Take a look at Leon Castonguay's YouTube site. Here you will find videos that explain everything about making registrations and operating with a foot pedal. Leon Castonguay needs a lot of words to explain everything, but it makes everything very clear. Every action is clearly visible. Especially for me because English is not my native language. I now use it almost daily so I can concentrate on the keyboard.
Success with it.

Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 06:42:41 PM »
To change registrations, I set up a sequence, and step through the sequence with a pedal.

You can see the instructions in my videos (link in my signature)

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons