Author Topic: Expansion Packs not loading  (Read 429 times)

Offline meyrick

Expansion Packs not loading
« on: May 19, 2024, 11:04:42 AM »
Hi all. For some unknown reason I cannot load ppi files into the expansion section, or any other expansion packs. An expansion pack when loading should remove any pack presently installed, unless someone changed things? I have done a system reset, but this has not cured the problem. Can anyone give any suggestions please?
Regards
meyrick

Offline Lacko

Re: Expansion Packs not loading
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 11:25:27 AM »
Hi meyrick,

can you provide us with some more details, like what keyboard are you using, what are you doing exactly and what happens then (any messages on screen)?

Lacko

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 01:24:35 PM »
Hi all. For some unknown reason I cannot load ppi files into the expansion section, or any other expansion packs. An expansion pack when loading should remove any pack presently installed, unless someone changed things? I have done a system reset, but this has not cured the problem. Can anyone give any suggestions please?
Regards
meyrick

Hi meyrick,

Please note that .PPI Pack Install files are model-specific. This means you can only load .PPI files on the SX900 that were originally created for the SX900.

Can you load .PPI or .CPI Pack Install files that you created yourself in the YEM (and saved on the USB stick)?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline meyrick

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 06:49:45 AM »
Hi Lacko. I should take more notice. The keyboard is the SX900. As to messages on  screen, nothing, the screen goes blank

Offline meyrick

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 06:58:51 AM »
Hi Chris. Yes, SX900. The Packs are converted from T4 and have been used on occasions previously. I have to say I have not the one expansion pack purchased from the Yamaha site. I will search it out, give it try and come back to you.
Regards
meyrick

Offline meyrick

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 08:55:15 AM »
Hi Lacko and Chris. It would appear my packs on the USB have become corrupted somehow. I down loaded a new pack from the Yamaha site, loaded it into the YEM and it works fine.

Many thanks for the assistance
Regards
meyrick