Author Topic: genos 2 arrived yesterday  (Read 2847 times)

Offline motekmusic

genos 2 arrived yesterday
« on: May 17, 2024, 05:52:50 AM »
Yes my fellow forum friends,

Got the Genos 2 yesterday and just updated my forum profile to include that machine.  Genos 1 being taken in trade.  Will check
the versions and make sure up to date.. 1.04???  Maybe already in there, the machine came from USA.
Am sure will be seeking help etc. but for now just want to enjoy new sounds, styles etc.   
Very grateful for all the forum topics related to this machine and thank all those who have contributed their expertise.

all the best
cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: Roger Brenizer, tyrosrick, Roshure

Offline Divemaster

Re: genos 2 arrived yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 06:27:12 AM »
Enjoy your G2 Elaine, happy playing.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic

Offline maartenb

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 04:03:12 PM »
Enjoy Elaine!

I'm looking forward to you sharing your experiences (good and bad ;)) on this forum!

Maarten

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 07:39:10 PM »
Congratulations  Elaine, just remember to Eat and Sleep!!!! ;D

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic, Roshure

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 10:35:14 PM »
Elaine, blood on the keys cleans up nicely with Windex. So, take a break today and give it a rest......IF you can!  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 10:36:20 PM by tyrosrick »

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 06:35:52 AM »
Hello dear forum members,

So much appreciated all your support and positive comments about the new machine which have not had a whole lot of time
to play since but will give you a few opinions was able to garner.
1st,   the keybed is wonderful,, very nice from the genos 1
2nd.  the pianos are wow,, and that is where have spent most of my time.  Please keep in mind that already have the dgx670
          and the sx900 so have lots of piano options.
3.      the sliders were not a pain in the neck as had read from many reviews.. did not have problems.
4.      Like the tilt which makes sliders and editing easier.   Many of the styles are very busy and i like to quickly take out or just
          leave a bass, guitar or  piano  and then add another channel when needed.   Did this on the genos 1 as well.   The dgx
          a button for   Simple,, where the style automatically ditches all the bells and whistles.
5.       have to get use to new style panel where there are 2 buttons for chord looper and my fingers accidentally hit that
           function cuz at the end and that is where the stop, or syn. buttons are..  Have to retrain.

That is it for now until have more time...
Again thank all of you and am getting lots of other help from all the contributors, posters on help topics.   Taking a while to
go through all of that and many youtube tutorials as well.     Grateful for all your help ,,, fantastic

all the best
cheers
elaine

Offline hans1966

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 03:12:33 AM »
Hi Elaine, I'm so glad you're enjoying your new baby.

You will have many hours of fun.

greetings

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 06:24:03 AM »
Hello again dear forum members,

Well, i just got blown away yesterday when had a chance to troll through the styles, which some are same as previous keyboard,
I was so happy with that ROCK FOLDER... let me explain,  Am not a fan and hardly play any of those rock guitar voices that
are in variations 3 or 4 in the previous rock style folders, so i skip that setting and just use the 3 normal voices.   However,
the rock styles now included in that new genos are more usable for me as the OTS does not give over a rock guitar voice.
Of course there are the regular rock styles, but there are some new rock styles that just were fantastic.(am not about to name
them as not near the machine) but they are there.  Now can use that rock folder...instead of passing it by,,
Just my 2 cents. for now. (we get alot of rumbles here anyway with all the airforce activity flying over our heads)

thanks again for all your support

cheers
elaine

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi Elaine:

I hope you enjoy your Genos2 as much as I do. Two comments that might be helpful:

1. If you have problems with the way the sliders work, you can program the knobs to also change volumes of the various parts.  The knobs change from their present positions, unlike the sliders.
2. To simplify the style quickly and in real time, I suggest that you use the knob (or slider) function called StyMuteA and StyMuteB (documented in the Genos2 reference manual, page 148.  StyMuteA adds the bass, chord1, chord2, pad, phrase1, phrase2 tracks as you rotate it; that is, a small rotation just gives the bass, more rotation bass+chord1 etc.  StyMuteB works the other way around.

Regards

Offline rattley

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2024, 11:45:14 PM »
Hello!

Enjoy your new Genos2!!  I'm loving mine more each day. I'm still blown away by the sound quality. It is just so "real"!!

I never knew about the StyMuteA and StyMuteB function. I think I should have!!   More things to try later...........-charley

Offline Toril S

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 11:16:35 PM »
Congratulations Elaine!!!!! Have fun😀👍🏼😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page