Author Topic: Style Edit  (Read 272 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

Style Edit
« on: April 17, 2024, 04:22:35 PM »
I have a style where I want to remove some of the notes on one channel (ex ch1) I see how I can edit drum parts but don't see how to edit any other channel in style creator. Is there a good tutorial about step editing a style? Thanks
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline BogdanH

Re: Style Edit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 05:15:14 PM »
hello Ken,
I assume that you're talking about preset (built-in) style... sadly we can only edit Rhytm channel on those -at attempt to edit any other channel, the content is deleted.
The only way to edit preset style is, if you copy it on USB stick, "unlock" it on PC and then copy back to keyboard. Try with this free Style unlocker.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Online DrakeM

Re: Style Edit
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 07:37:19 PM »
Bogdan is correct, we can't because the keyboard makes you delete what is in the channel if you want to record anything there.

But I have wondered if you use the new "midi to style" program and just record a midi file of say 10 to 20 bars long of just the MAIN (A,B,C or D) that has the CHD1 pattern you are wanting to edit.

Then have the program make a style for you. If you then put that style into the "style creator" and opened it, would you then be able to modify the CHD1 channel?

I still have not found time to work with this new program.

Drake