Author Topic: Genos2 stopped recording audio  (Read 436 times)

Offline lucassus

Genos2 stopped recording audio
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:46:09 PM »
Hello!

I am really confused, because today I wanted to record some audio background from Spotify/Apple Music song through iPhone. Genos 2 audio interface is streaming music itself, but sound monitor is silent, so no sound is recorded. Genos2 sound monitor doesn’t “show” the sound from Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

It is really strange, because a week ago I had recorded one song with any problems. Today that song or any other I am not able to record 🤔

Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Sliders are not at zero, connections are ok, I even download that song to internal iPhone memory, I power up Genos2 once again, but nothing works 😢

Was there some iPhone app update lately so I can’t do things I had been doing just a week ago?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 07:48:06 PM by lucassus »
Yamaha Genos2, Korg SP-500, Akai MPD32, Yamaha KX25, Casio CTK501
Yamaha HS7, BOSE QuietComfort15

Offline overover

Re: Genos2 stopped recording audio
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 10:40:55 PM »
Hi lucassus,

Which Audio input are you talking about exactly: USB (cable connection), Bluetooth or WLAN (= WiFi)? (See also the attached screenshot.)

Which “sliders” are you talking about: Live Control Sliders or Sliders in the Mixer display?

Is the corresponding Input Volume slider in the Mixer display ("Panel 2" page) really turned up?

If it is about Bluetooth or WLAN (WiFi): is it ensured that the wireless connection in question is properly established?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline lucassus

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 12:41:11 AM »
I mean both of them. Mostly I use Bluetooth connection, but I have also USB cable mostly used when I am recording playing myself on video by Rec’n’ShareYamaha app. I tried both options, but with this same effect.

By “sliders” I mean this same that you showed on screenshot. All are enabled and sliders are not on zero positions. When I play music on iPhone, like before, now I don’t see any input on Master or in “quick audio recorder”, but music is heard.

I remember that I have got one similar situation when I wanted to connect iPhone by USB cable. A moment before that I just disabled SysEx receive option on MIDI B, where I have got second keyboard connected. After that my iPhone in Rec’n’Share app didn’t want to connect with Genos2. But after enabling SysEx once again there wasn’t any troubles with this app and connection.
A week later I was recording mentioned pieces from Spotify and then everything was ok. I still have recorded this songs from Spotify on Genos2.

I don’t know why suddenly I can’t do that 🤔

Tomorrow I try disable and re-enable SysEx once more, if this could help in this situation, but don’t know how it even can help, while this isn’t MIDI connection at all 💁‍♂️

I will take some screenshots too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:44:23 AM by lucassus »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 12:51:03 AM »
Thanks for the details, lucassus!

I haven't had any problems like this before, so I can't help you at the moment. I hope more members will come forward with potential solutions.

P.S.
It is definitely NOT due to the MIDI settings (e.g. SysEx settings). USB Audio In/Out, Bluetooth Audio In and WiFi Audio In have nothing to do with MIDI.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: lucassus

Offline lucassus

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 01:04:09 AM »
OK. I couldn’t sleep, so I checked everything once again and found a solution!

In MENU2 ➡️ Utility ➡️ Speaker/Connectivity ➡️ Audio Loopback; I set it to OFF, while this should be ON!

This was the reason. Now it works perfectly!

Sorry to bother everyone, but it might help someone not to make this mistake!

Thank you.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 01:13:46 AM »
... I checked everything once again and found a solution!

In MENU2 ➡️ Utility ➡️ Speaker/Connectivity ➡️ Audio Loopback; I set it to OFF, while this should be ON!

This was the reason. Now it works perfectly! ...

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem! Thanks for posting the details. We can all learn from this.

Best regards,
Chris