Author Topic: AKX10  (Read 686 times)

Offline mhack

AKX10
« on: April 16, 2024, 12:50:37 PM »
I ordered a AKX10. I will keep my SX900 until I try the Medeli. If I keep the Medeli, my bride said I should sell the PSR. I may only have one TOY at a time. Sure. Pray for me.
Hack

Offline Lefty

Re: AKX10
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 01:06:45 PM »

The AKX10 I had seemed to play a bit quietly.  I tried to get some support, but was unable in the U.S. , So I sent it back, and bought the SX900.

The AKX10 is a great keyboard, especially for the price I paid. $750.  I thought the interface was a bit better than the Yamaha.  My SX900 sounds better though, and has a few more features.  The two keyboards are SO much alike, I wonder why you would want to try this?

If I were buying for the first time, the Medali is a great choice, but now?  I'd cancel the order if I could.

Just my 2 cents...

Craig
Yamaha PSR-SX900, Studiologic Numa X 73, Lots of guitars and harmonicas

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline stevem

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 07:50:47 PM »
Hi Hack, do you feel the AKX10 is an upgrade from your SX900 ?

Have you seen any reviews on the Medeli ? I ask because Leigh Wilbraham did several consecutive reviews and comparisons on YouTube, the results you could see/hear for yourself (suggest search YT for 'Leigh Wilbraham akx10' ).

Leigh is firmly a Yamaha fan, (i guess i'm a fan of Leigh  ::) as he influenced my leap from SX900 to Genos2) however i think he tried to like the AKX10 but found it wanting.

Whatever you do, i hope you enjoy your playing  ;D

kind regards, steve

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 10:09:08 PM »
Oh my, you will be disappointed. Keep the Yamaha!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline MiguelDL

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 07:22:08 AM »
The keyboards are not comparable in performance or sound quality.
I've had the AKX10 and you spend the day trying to adapt Yamaha styles or some voices to reproduce them on the Medelli.
When you try the original, in my case an SX900, which I currently own along with a genos2, it has no comparison.
It's another level.
To get you started and as an exclusively domestic keyboard, it's fine, but nothing more.
That was my experience with him.
Greetings.

Offline mhack

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 09:37:21 PM »
Thanks for the input! I did not buy it as an upgrade. I am happy with my SX 900, but I just wanted to try a different instrument. I have had several Yamahas, finishing them with T4 before I bought the SX. I will turn 88 in July. One more challenge! Thanks, again!
Hack

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 10:16:21 AM »
It is fun to try something new, keeps us young😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Dupe

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 01:35:34 PM »
Thanks for the input! I did not buy it as an upgrade. I am happy with my SX 900, but I just wanted to try a different instrument. I have had several Yamahas, finishing them with T4 before I bought the SX. I will turn 88 in July. One more challenge! Thanks, again!
Hack
Hi,I recently moved up to an SX900 from SX700. This was a great move, also put a Yamaha sub woofer with it to lift the bottom end. By the way, I turn 78 in July also. Enjoy playing and practise every day, take care, regards Dupe

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 07:08:44 PM »
Well the AKX10 isn't meant to compete with an sx900 (not even an sx600, in fact). It *does* appear to be in the ballpark of the PSRs650 or s670, but with a very slick PSRSX inspired touch screen. It appears to be really good for the money, and if your Yamaha was a PSRs900, PSRs710, or PSRs650 or s670, I would say the AKX would actually be an improvement of sorts; but you would lose out on that huge, huge Yamaha style database, especially since the sx900 is at least Revo compatible, which none of the other PSR's (or Medeli's) are.

Mark