Author Topic: Record arpeggio to multi pad, and loop it?  (Read 334 times)

Offline jcgam

Record arpeggio to multi pad, and loop it?
« on: April 14, 2024, 07:37:35 PM »
Recording a midi multi pad disables the arpeggio function, and an audio multi pad doesn't loop, as far as I know.  I tried loading previously recorded midi, but that doesn't seem to be possible.  I also tried copying and pasting steps from a midi multi recording, but that isn't possible either.  Am I missing something basic?

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Record arpeggio to multi pad, and loop it?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 07:57:52 PM »
Correct, Audio mutipads do not loop... unless you design them in the audiostyle app (Audio Phraser)
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/yap_win.html

But if you do that, I dont' think it will change keys, as Audio Phraser is designed for an audio loop of a drum pattern.

Not knowing what you want to do, I have to ask: could you not simply set the arpeggiator to say Right 1, let's say you want a megavoice guitar strum, so you could set right1 to a megavoice guitar, split Right 3 so that it's above RIght 1 and Right 2, and then play whatever you want on RIght 3 for the melody, while changing strumming chords by your chords on Right 1 (and make sure the select the arpeggiator to Right 1 only in this case)

Mind you, you could also just turn ACMP on, any of the fingered (ie not full keyboard) modes, and turn on an existing guitar strum multipad (or really, any other) and change chords in the ACMP area and the chordal multipads will follow your chord changes (not the percussion ones). Then you'd be free to use Right1, Right2, Right 3 for the right hand melody.

Again, not knowing your intention I can only suggest solutions based on my guesses? Are you trying to create a custom strum?

Mark

Offline jcgam

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 08:39:52 PM »
I'm using the arpeggiator to create fantastic drum loops!  It's really fun!  But I want to build on that, to play on top of it, so ideally I would need the full keyboard to be able to play while the arpeggiated drum loop is playing also.  I could use computer audio tools, I suppose, but it kills the creative vibe at the keyboard.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 08:50:06 PM »
Ah... well you could create a rhythm on RHY1 while playing against a loop on RHY2 on style creator, or is that not spontaneous enough?

What I said will still work though; if you turn on the arpeggiated drum loop and play on top of it as a midi file, you'd at least be able to then feed that back into MidiToStyle or Midi2Style and pop out style afterward.

Mark

Offline jcgam

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:22 PM »
I appreciate the suggestions.  The arpeggio feature appears to be disabled in style creator.  I guess I have no choice but to use a computer.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 11:08:23 PM »
I appreciate the suggestions.  The arpeggio feature appears to be disabled in style creator.  I guess I have no choice but to use a computer.

It is.

I was suggesting playing it back in realtime, and hit quick midi record, and then just have midi to style spit it back into a style file for you.

I confusingly mentioned RHY1 and RHY2 for doing a loop within style creator (your drums still get recorded in realtime, but yes first you'd need to take the arpeggiate pattern and shove it into rhy2;

And then I subsequently meant you could play your arpeggio back while recording on midi channel 10, in realtime, which would be really easy to turn into a style via midi 2 style/midi to style. I should've elabourated on both statements instead of confusingly putting them one after another.

Mark
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:12:27 PM by Amwilburn »

The following users thanked this post: jcgam