Author Topic: Arturia AstroLab for Bert Smorenburg fans  (Read 673 times)

Offline pjd

Arturia AstroLab for Bert Smorenburg fans
« on: April 11, 2024, 05:38:06 PM »
I don't normally post info about non-Yamaha keyboards, but Bert is back demonstrating the new Arturia AstroLab 61-key stage keyboard. The AstroLab is basically Analog Lab in a keyboard, so if you like Analog Lab, this could be for you.

A full demo on the new Arturia AstroLab with Bert Smorenburg: https://youtu.be/2kqK5S10JVo

Have fun -- pj

https://sandsoftwaresound.net/arturia-astrolab-announced/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 06:59:27 PM by pjd »

Online BogdanH

Re: Arturia AstroLab for Bert Smorenburg fans
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 05:56:55 PM »
I didn't watch that video because I already watched another video about this keyboard -btw. I'm not interested on this kind of keyboards. However, those who are interested should also definitely watch this video.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Online p$manK32

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 06:55:27 PM »
The circlular screen is innovative design-wise but it’s weirdly part of the main knob itself and way too small to program things. It’s one of those form over function designs, like Jony Ive’s circle mouse designed for old iMacs
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:02:24 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 07:02:26 PM »
It's a "preset only" keyboard. Serious editing requires an Analog Lab license (or a license for an individual instrument of interest).

My main concern for live performance is the time required to change synthesis engines. A little too long in some cases...

Still, I'm glad to see another innovative player (Arturia) going up against the workstation/stage keyboard crowd.

Thanks for commenting -- pj

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 08:32:44 AM »
I watched the video. The sounds are amazing 🤩

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 05:14:30 PM »
Hi
You can have all that on the Genos 2 with computer/Cubase 13  and the Arturia collection. :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 12:41:48 AM »

Offline RayClem

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 04:21:50 PM »
The AstroLab presets are nice, but Genos 2 has far more presets. I have poor eyesight, so I much prefer the large screen of the Genos2 to the tiny screen in the middle of the Arturia device.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2024, 10:40:59 AM »
I reckon the Arturia keylab essential would be a great addition with the Genos 2
One playing the Genos and the other VST . Full Monty :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox