Author Topic: Does Genos 2 load registrations of other keyboards?  (Read 504 times)

Offline wibem

Does Genos 2 load registrations of other keyboards?
« on: April 11, 2024, 12:35:28 PM »
I have a USB stick with all playlists , registrations of my SX 600  and want to load them  into my new Genos 2, but it doesn't work. Genos always gives the message that files are not found. How can I  transfer the playlist and the registrations from one keyboard to another?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Does Genos 2 load registrations of other keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 01:26:14 PM »
I have a USB stick with all playlists , registrations of my SX 600  and want to load them  into my new Genos 2, but it doesn't work. Genos always gives the message that files are not found. How can I  transfer the playlist and the registrations from one keyboard to another?

For your registrations, you will need to convert them for the G2. Use Murray Best's YRM program to do so.

File not found is another issue. If the USB stick was working on your 600, the G2 should be able to find the files. Make sure the stick works on the 600. Then follow the exact same process on the G2. You should be able to do so without a file not found error. You will get a "data not loaded properly" error with your registrations until you covert them, though.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 02:33:59 PM »
Play list will not work unless you made your own Have you downloaded the new playlist for G2 which has 1600 entry's on it.

Offline wibem

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 10:22:07 AM »
Yes, I have downloaded the 1600 registration playlist, but I want to use as well my old registrations and playlists, because there is a lot of work and time in them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 11:07:07 AM »
Yes, I have downloaded the 1600 registration playlist, but I want to use as well my old registrations and playlists, because there is a lot of work and time in them.

As stated, your registrations need to be converted. Once converted, the playlist will work.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 07:49:31 PM »
Genos 2 can read registrations of all previous TOTLA (G1, T1-T5, even theoretically PSR8000 & 9000, but I've got no registrations of those to test). Unfortunately, it cannot read PSRs/sx or CVP registrations without conversion from Murray Best's YRM.

Mark