Author Topic: Genos Registrations sound change  (Read 930 times)

Offline franksboard

Genos Registrations sound change
« on: April 07, 2024, 04:10:56 AM »
I have an issue with Genoes when i save registrations and save all the sound levels and reload registrations some times the voices are very low and can't raise the levels unless i go to the the edit screen sometimes can raise levels and resave registration. i never had this issue with Tyros 5 or even my old PSR-S900 keyboards. if it helps i notice this happens using midi files and mp3 .i stopped playing out in 2011,but if i was to do it again would be a big issue as sometimes the voice i saved or the levels are so low you can not hear them and the volume on the paniel is at its max.how do other performers live deal with this using midi files or a mp3 sound track
i heard midi files can change settings,but i never had a issue with them on my Tyros 5 or my old PSR-S900 keyboards using the same files
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:56:31 PM by franksboard »

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Re: Genos Registrations sound change
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 07:53:25 AM »
MIDI files contain “messages” that can do things like play a note or change a setting on the target instrument.

There are messages for changing the volume of an instrument. Perhaps your MIDI files contain such messages.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline franksboard

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 03:59:29 PM »
Hi what i can't understand did not have this problem on my Tyros5 or PSR-S900 keyboard,only with the Genos 1 using the same midi files and MP3 soundtracks

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 12:17:47 AM »
You could try looking into the MIDI file with the MixMaster app that’s available around here. You might see something that gives you a clue to what’s going on.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 07:47:57 PM »
Michael is correct. You need to load the MIDI files into a DAW or some similar program that displays what MIDI messages are being triggered at the beginning of the affected tracks. Registrations memorize all settings made inside the Genos. They have no affect on MIDI messages embedded in individual tracks. They are merely a series of pointers to events that happen elsewhere.

Perhaps someone else can chime in on this to make sure I have the theory correct.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 08:07:58 PM »
Actually the T5 introduced a new balance slider, Keyboard (which changed R1, R2, R3 simultaneously) and the Genos removed this slider (then added the functionality back in via a later operating system update) and I suspect that's what you're dealing with. So make sure you G1 has the 2.13 os, then go into your faders and make one of the "Keyboard" and then when you're changing registration settings. The Genos 2 added this fader back in due to this!

Midi files on arrangers *can* contain a snapshot of the settings at that moment, so yes, midi files created on the T5 could also later your "keyboard" fader.

Mark