Author Topic: Change the volume in the entire midi file.  (Read 644 times)

Offline GFN

Change the volume in the entire midi file.
« on: March 29, 2024, 04:33:43 PM »
Is it possible to change the volume in the entire midi file. and then save it.
I have a Tyros 3.
Have some files that are both overruled and underruled.
Would be nice not to have to change the file manually every time it needs to be played.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:37:33 PM by GFN »

Offline Genos!

The following users thanked this post: GFN

Offline Genos!

Re: Change the volume in the entire midi file.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 05:52:13 PM »
I also found some software that should work for you, but I was unable to download.

Edit: Outdated link removed by overover. You can find the correct link to the MixMaster program below.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:23:01 PM by overover »

Offline GFN

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 06:26:34 PM »
thanks for reply.
Already tried this. all other changes are saved, except the volume.
As if the mixing console can only be used on channels 1 - 16. Since other changes are not saved in the file when executing and saving

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 07:08:06 PM »
@Genos!

You have the wrong link for downloading MixMaster.

Here is the correct link :
https://psrtutorial.com/MB/EV_Files/mixmaster.html

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Genos!, GFN

Offline Genos!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 12:01:18 AM »
Thank you. I believe it will help @GFN

Offline GFN

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 09:10:06 AM »
Thanks for the link. will try that instead of keyboard

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 12:24:48 AM »
Is it possible to change the volume in the entire midi file. and then save it.
I have a Tyros 3.
Have some files that are both overruled and underruled.
Would be nice not to have to change the file manually every time it needs to be played.

Hi GFN,

The easiest way here is to use Registrations (preferably a separate Registration Bank for each song title). In this you link (at least) the desired MIDI file in the first Registration (Reg button #1). You can use the SONG Volume (in Mixing Console / Panel Part) to adjust the overall volume of the MIDI file in each of these Registration Banks. A good starting point here is the value 70.

Of course, the MIDI files themselves are NOT changed. But if you no longer call them up directly (in the Song Selection Display) in the future, but in the Registration Bank Selection display, you will have the previously set overall volume.

Another option is to insert a so-called "Master Volume SyEx Event" into every MIDI file. This allows the overall volume of the MIDI file to be reduced to a certain value. This can be done, for example, in the already mentioned PC (Windows) program "MixMaster" (List View > Midi Cmd > Select Midi Command "Master Volume"). The Master Volume value 127 corresponds to the volume of the unchanged original file.

Alternatively, you can also use the PC (Windows) program “PSRUTI” (Volume button > Master Volume). With PSRUTI you can also insert (identical) Master Volume SysEx in Batch Mode (i.e. into all MIDI files in a folder):
>>> https://www.heikoplate.de/psruti.html

However, I don't use any of the methods described here myself, but I use (among other things) the "Midifile Optimizer 12" program from the German company Midiland to adapt MIDI files.
>>> https://www.midiland.de/software/software.html

First I change the voices and effects of the individual channels (with the Optimizer 12 you also have access to all DSPs!) and mix the individual channels with the Optimizer according to my ideas. Every now and then I compare the result with a reference file. The overall volume can then be changed relatively easily using the Optimizer's "Master Volume" fader. (This changes all 16 Channel Volume faders in percentage according to a specific algorithm. So NO Master Volume SysEx is used here.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:30:21 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)