Author Topic: Print Genos2 MIDI Settings  (Read 281 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Print Genos2 MIDI Settings
« on: March 21, 2024, 10:40:44 PM »
The Genos2 allows you to have user-edited MIDI "templates", each of which specifies MIDI settings for the Genos2. You can view and edit these settings on the Genos touchscreen.

It is easy to create MIDI templates on the Genos2 that are close to being duplicates of each other. The template viewer is split up into a number of separate pages, and it's difficult to compare two of these MIDI templates and tell how different they may or may not be.

It occurred to me that I could write code to read in a .mis file, and print it out as a text file. This would facilitate looking at all of the settings for each template at once, which would make it much easier to compare templates with each other.

This would also allow use of a diff utility like WinMerge, which can display two text files side-by-side and hilite the differences between them.

I packaged this as a Jupyter Notebook, a very user-friendly way to combine code with the instructions for its use. I hope you find this software useful and enjoy using it.

You can access it via this link.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22