Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Genos 2 and Forscore - What should I do?

(1/2) > >>

AndyT:
Hi,

I think that I have read every article about Forscore on this forum. I used to have a Tyros 5 and the Midi Template would enable me to use a camera adapter and USB printer cable to change the registrations. Example post https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58771.0.html. It all worked very well.

Now I have a Genos 2 and I have read threads saying that Yamaha have changed the midi implementation.
I have tried the Forscore learning mode and it seems to be able to see the OPEN and SEND commands.
Midi Wrench on the ipad shows that it can "hear" the notes being played, but pressing notes on the ipad does nothing.

Before I made loads of changes, the Transmit or Receive monitor was flashing lights on Port B/USB 2. I have tried to create a new template where the port 1/port 2 channels are the other way around.

I am lost and have no hair left. I have spent hours on this and not sure I understand what the problem is.

Do you think that  the midi template needs updating? 
Do you think the camera adaptor should still work?
Would it be much simpler to buy a Yamaha MDBT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter?
The only reservations I have there is that Forscore help says that they don't support the bluetooth adapter in their documentation - all to do with midi network vs standard network. Songbook + says to use the adapter, but then I have read threads that say that only Yamaha apps are now supported.

Any thoughts/instructions would be sincerely appreciated.

- Andy

frozzers:
Andy

Have you've tried Option 2 from overover's post (link below) and my subsequent instructions below that?

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57366.msg518628.html#msg518628

Cheers

Chris

reya:
Hi Andy

Have you considered switching over to another app such as MobileSheets or Songbook+ that support the easy way of linking scores to registrations on Genos.
This easy way of linking, which was introduced in 2018 with the arrival of Genos1, literary happens at the push of a button. Super easy.

Just a thought
Best regards
Rudy

AndyT:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies and ideas.

I had seen the other post and thought that I had followed the instructions pretty well, but I am going to have one more go and then I think that mobile sheets looks fairly good. I will have a read through of the quick start guide. It looks very similar to forscore.

Will get back to you when I have tried again as I have surgery this weekend.

- Andy

reya:
All the best with the surgery Andy !

If forgot to mention that with the easy link feature in Genos, the links works both ways. So loading a reg file, will also load the corresponding music sheet on the tablet !!

I read somewhere that in Genos 2 there currently seem to be some issues when using the Yamaha MDBT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter.... So I would not go for that, at the moment ...

Rudy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version