Author Topic: Hidden OrganFlutes voices in DGX-670  (Read 861 times)

Offline T. Schaub

Hidden OrganFlutes voices in DGX-670
« on: March 19, 2024, 03:36:13 AM »
Here are some files to access 20 hidden OrganFlutes voices on the DGX-670.

There's an interesting post at https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=53512.0 that demonstrates how to access the hidden voices that were intended to be used by the built-in styles. The technique also works on the DGX-670, so I was able to create voice files for several built-in OrganFlutes StyleVoices.

Since the DGX-670 doesn't actually have the OrganFlutes processor, these are probably just pre-recorded versions of the voices, without the ability to edit the footage lever configuration. The selection matches the set that was introduced in the Tyros 3, before the Euro voices were added in the Tyros 4.

The StyleVoice folder also contains a SteelGuitarSFX voice, which is just the Steel Guitar voice with a section for various squeaks and thumps in the higher octaves. I've added it to the set for the sake of being complete.

I've updated my hidden voice archive, which can be downloaded from:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/djpp4gcfybh4e14mdi2qe/DGX-670-hidden-voices.zip?rlkey=23mo71hbx2sw6zximn1e6og52&dl=1

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, motekmusic, pjd, overover, chirp

Offline Graham UK

Re: Hidden OrganFlutes voices in DGX-670
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 08:25:52 AM »
T. Schaub. Thank you...I'll have a look at these Organ Flute VCE's.
DGX670

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 06:09:48 PM »
Since the DGX-670 doesn't actually have the OrganFlutes processor, these are probably just pre-recorded versions of the voices, without the ability to edit the footage lever configuration.

Thanks for the post!

There isn't an OrganFlutes processor per se. It's a software module that configures the AWM2 tone generator with the selected drawbar registration, etc. However, I think you're right about it being sampled.

Genos (and probably other PSRs) have the same organ style voices. The StyleVoices folder is exposed in Style Creator on Genos. The Yamaha software hides this folder when selecting a voice in Voice mode.

The VCE file adds the "Dual Rotary Speaker Bright" insertion effect. BTW, VCE files are MIDI SMF in disguise. Rename the file extension to "MID", import the MIDI file into a DAW, and look around.  :D

Have fun and thanks -- pj

Offline Cantor

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 03:57:56 AM »
Thank you for the hidden voices, I already uploaded them into my DGX-670, actually I left them on the USB stick and read the voices from there.