Author Topic: Expansion Pack Problem-Genos  (Read 400 times)

Offline rick76

Expansion Pack Problem-Genos
« on: March 12, 2024, 02:21:51 PM »
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem: I have downloaded 3 expansion packs (Country Musician, Samba, Entertainer)  using the latest YEM version on a  MAC computer.

Everything goes well in getting the Country Musician pack to the Genos. I l play number of voices to check it out. I then do Entertainer.  It appears in the Genus Expansion folder and I play it. The problem is, the Country Musician pack disappears. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

Offline DerekA

Re: Expansion Pack Problem-Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 05:00:04 PM »
When you install a pack, it deletes whatever was already there.

So within YEM, you need to select *all* the content that you want installed, and create an expansion installation file that includes them all.

(There is a 'quick install' option that allows you to create a pack that adds onto whatever is already there. I have never got it to work properly, some people have. YMMV. But the full install has always worked)
Genos

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 05:06:24 PM »
hello Rick,
When you install new pack, then previous pack gets deleted. You can avoid that by creating a custom pack (in YEM) which contains Entertainer AND Country pack. That is, you check both packs at creating install pack.
There's also a method to "add" new content to existing pack, by creating so called "quick" install pack (read manual for that). When quick install pack is used, then only additional content is actually installed, which makes the whole process faster.  But keep in mind that you still need to also check the content that's already installed in keyboard -otherwise it will be deleted.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline rick76

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 09:49:50 PM »
Many thanks, you guys.

thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks